Home > Technical (L405) > Single Turbo TDV6 specs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Spridget

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey
Single Turbo TDV6 specs

Greetings all.
I'm looking for some information on the TDV6 single turbo engine.
My 2015 L405 has a single turbo engine and I was wondering what the difference is in BHP between that and the twin turbo. Also, does anyone know what the difference is in the 2 engines, apart from the obvious. Was the single turbo used mainly for Discos and Defenders?
I read somewhere that the EGR valve sequence was different but I can't find any info on the internet to verify that.
The engine runs great ( touch wood) and has bags of power, just wondering why I seem to have the only single turbo L405 in existence. Confused
Any info most welcome
Pete

Post #701819 9th Oct 2024 10:10am
Alex1976

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

Hi Pete,

My L405 is a single turbo unit also. I thought the L405’s only ever had TDV6 (single turbo) and the SDV6 (twin turbo) units were mostly found in Range Rover Sport and Discovery models.

In terms of power, the TDV6 engines deliver 258 bhp and the SDV6 is 306 bhp. But it’s the torque that counts and I think both units deliver around 600Nm which is plenty.

In terms of engine components, I don’t think there is much difference between the two except for the exhaust, turbo etc, but actual core engine block and components I believe are the same. Without wishing to start the well worn crankshaft issue debate, there is a theory that the extra power in the SDV6 is a contributing factor to failure, as it is the same crank as a TDV6.

A TDV6 can be easily tuned to deliver the same output as an SDV6, but I personally wouldn’t due to the point about the crank.

Post #701820 9th Oct 2024 10:36am
Spridget

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Corris Grey

Thanks for the info Alex.
My local Indie tells me that the easy way to identify the single turbo is a single air filter, which mine has.
I wondered why my filter kit came with 2 air filters. We live and learn and I have a spare ait filter for the next time.
Cheers
Pete

Post #702168 14th Oct 2024 6:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1