Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > L460 alarm activation with passengers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CharlesA22

Scotland 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Baltic Blue
L460 alarm activation with passengers

Is anyone else having a problem with "Passive locking" when passengers are present in vehicle, but driver (and key) have walked into filling station/ shop/ anywhere away from vehicle. Vehicle locks and arms perimetric alarm. As soon as passenger moves the alarm activates. If these systems are so "smart" how could it not deal with such a scenario? If the designers are competent, how could they not foresee such an issue? Only work around seems to be to disable the passive locking and approach unlocking features. FFRR user since 1974. RR No. 10 (2021MY P525 AB delivered Nov 2020) Gone. No 11. P550e AB MY2024 delivered June 2024

Post #701319 2nd Oct 2024 8:35pm
TMO53

United Kingdom 

This is a problem that cropped up as soon as I got our L460 when I accidentally locked the family & dog into the car at a garage.
As a result I don't think walk-away locking is of much practical use unless you are confident that you will always be the only person in the car, so you should disable it.
Approach unlocking works fine. If you inadvertently unlock the car by walking past it will re-lock as long as you don't open a door.
Having said that I do miss the touch pads of the old L405 which were a bit slicker.
One thing to note is that the L460 will lock AND ALARM with just a single press of the key unlike the L405. Thus the alarm will go off if you leave a dog in the car. However there is an ability to disable the alarm for one lock cycle by going into the settings for security. You can make this more convenient by setting it to display a warning message on the driver display and giving you the option to press the 'o' symbol on the LHS of the steering wheel which then disables the alarm sensor for one lock cycle. This works quite well.
I suspect these features are a necessary change due to JLR's attention to increased security.

Post #701457 4th Oct 2024 12:06pm
Westminster

United Kingdom 

https://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/docume...0/G4222266

"Walk-away locking can be temporarily disabled by pressing the unlock button (1) when the driver's door is open."

https://prnt.sc/-mx3ZsowFV05

Post #701492 4th Oct 2024 5:50pm
CharlesA22

Scotland 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Baltic Blue

One should also note that walk away locking when used on a ferry enables the motion sensors, resulting in alarm activation when the ferry gets underway and in subsequent manoeuvres. On previous models “Single locking”, using the key or touch door handle avoided this issue. I find the new electronic user manual is unhelpful on this topic, as on many others. Oh for a paper copy that doesn’t devote 50% of each and every page to dire “idiot user” warnings or referrals to 16 sub-pages.
Love the car though! 😜 FFRR user since 1974. RR No. 10 (2021MY P525 AB delivered Nov 2020) Gone. No 11. P550e AB MY2024 delivered June 2024

Post #701504 4th Oct 2024 7:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1