Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Tailgate motor/struts on way out?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
smitht2

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Carpathian Grey
Tailgate motor/struts on way out?

Hi,

Only had my 2019 a week, so getting used to it still.

But I had a feeling the opening speed of the upper tailgate was a bit slow, and today when I got home from a horrible drive back from Brum, I pressed the tailgate button in the car and the upper tailgate tried to raise but gave up!

It has worked multiple times in the week I've had the car, and doesn't seem to be an alignment problem, both top and bottom closing in sequences ok until today. Just seems the upper tailgate is feeling like me....."old and tired"!!!

Assuming this is just old age and needs some replacement, anyone know if this is covered by the Used LR warranty?

Thanks, Toby.

Post #700869 25th Sep 2024 9:48pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

Hi Toby,

Very Happy Don’t worry! Your car isn’t “old”, far from it! 10 years is only “middle aged” and more like 20 is “old”
these are remarkably resiliant vehicles if looked after with a bit of pre-emptive maintenance.

As I have said many times on here before Yawn

“The tailgate is a good barometer of battery condition”

Start searching up above, and get a battery checking tool.

You may be on a 5-year-old original, (and very tired) main battery. Depending on the model, you may have 2 batteries, one under the spare in the boot, and second suspect, one in the right hand side panel of the boot, which needs a hefty tug to uncover.

Could be all you need is a new battery and a CTEK charger to look after it. Thumbs Up “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #700870 25th Sep 2024 10:11pm
Meerbusch

United Kingdom 

Hello, I had the same problem when I bought my 2017 L405 2 months ago, it sat at the dealer for 4 weeks without moving, and I was able to negotiate the price down because of the "tailgate not opening", after 300km of delivery the batteries were back loaded and everything works fine. Nevertheless, I will replace the 2017 batteries soon. Good luck! L405 SDV8 2017 + Lancia Flavia Coupe 1964 + RRS L494 3.0 SDV6 + C220CDI Convertible 2021

Post #700876 26th Sep 2024 9:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1