Home > Technical (L322) > P081C-64 Park Input Circuit - 2012 TDV8 Westminster
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
flegg

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
P081C-64 Park Input Circuit - 2012 TDV8 Westminster

Hello everyone

Currently tracing a fault where my rotary gear selector is not dropping on engine shut down. Have tried a few units and same issue, it rises fine, but does not drop again, yet allows selection.

Manual says the code is a mismatch between GSM and TCM information so looking at why this is the case. Started as intermittent, now registering as permanent.

I have both an IID and Lynx Evo tool and looks like I am getting a 12v signal in GSM when I am reading live values when selector is in N, but not in P. Service manual says this should be 12v in P, and 0V in N,D,S.

Otherwise car is driving fine, aside from an odd 2 days where would not start, but that could have been a semi flat battery.

Next job is checking all wiring, but wondering if anyone had come across this before?

Post #700354 18th Sep 2024 9:10pm
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

Sorry, I have no first-hand experience of this.

However, I wondered if it would be worth checking the wiring from the transmission to the rotary selector, specifically the circuit which carries the Park signal.

Could you maybe check the continuity between the green & white wire at pin 10 on the connector that plugs into the underside of the rotary selector (C3521) back to pin 13 on the C2365 connector (its mate C2366 shown in photo below, to aid identification)

Click image to enlarge

or, better still, right back to pin 1 at the 16-pin connector on the back of the transmission (C1321)?

It would appear from the wiring diagram that this particular circuit passes through another couple of connectors on its journey, so I do think it’s worth checking.

Phil

Post #700385 19th Sep 2024 10:33am
flegg

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

that's great thanks Phil, I've spent the morning on the same wiring diagram planning the weekend activities!

quick question.....where is C2365 physically located, the graph suggests somewhere around centre console?

Also is C2409 one of the three in the drivers side behind trim in the footwell?

Post #700386 19th Sep 2024 10:48am
RRPhil

United Kingdom 

No idea, I’m afraid.

However, if you can test continuity directly between pin 1 on the transmission connector

and pin 10 on the rotary selector connector then you’ll automatically check all the connectors at the same time and avoid having to identify them Smile
(unless it fails the test, of course Sad )

Phil

Post #700388 19th Sep 2024 11:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1