Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > Coming back to the L460
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Christonabike

United Kingdom 
Coming back to the L460

Having sold my previous L460 after 40k miles of joyous ownership, I have bitten the bullet and will be taking delivery this month of a belgravia green D300 with perlino interior and one or two extras including the new shadow exterior pack. The car looks fabulous.

My first vehicle was an HSE, this one is an Autobiography with executive class rear seats and upgraded interior. Although it's the basic D300 engine Im good with that. I am super excited to be back in an L460.

A late adopter of the classic RR line "There is nothing quite like them". The ultimate luxury SUV.

Now... to have or not to have deployable sidesteps? They kind of irritated me last time around!

Post #700353 18th Sep 2024 9:08pm
Rex the RR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Nice! 👍

Post #700365 19th Sep 2024 12:14am
FlyEagle1

United States 

Awesome-no need for steps.

Post #700366 19th Sep 2024 2:54am
FlyEagle1

United States 

Here's a picture of what your new addition will look like in the wild:)

Post #700441 19th Sep 2024 11:45pm
Tom1010

United Kingdom 

I ordered without deployable steps and regretted it, so I had them installed.

Post #700637 22nd Sep 2024 12:27pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I had deployable steps for the first time. I wouldn’t be without them now. Passengers appreciate them. I use them getting out , but step over them getting in.

However if they annoy you…. Don’t!

Just returned from France & weather was poor & I was late , so in a bit of a hurry. The D300 was fantastic.

I like your colour choice… Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #700788 24th Sep 2024 3:45pm
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Quick update.

Will seemingly not be coming back. I couldn’t get to the dealership on Monday to sign for the vehicle before month end.

We should have had it wrapped up the week before and I’d made myself available to do so but the group dealership wouldn’t initially release the vehicle to my local dealer. After some escalation internally, they agreed to let it go however the car didn’t arrive with them until Saturday 28th. As a result, the incentives alongside my hefty discount have been removed by JLR as of October 1st.

Emailed dealer on Tuesday AM to see where we go from here and am now currently being ghosted!

Post #701331 2nd Oct 2024 10:24pm
DJIT

United Kingdom 

That is disgraceful. In contrast my bro took delivery of a new P550e RRS which he did the deal on last week and they drove it 200 miles to his home, on Monday (last day of promo) to ensure it was registered before 1st October and qualified for all the promotions.

I was really impressed that JLR seemed to understand at last that its the loyal customers who have kept them going.

Surely they will fix this for you rather than lose a loyal customer and all the associated bad PR.

Post #701439 4th Oct 2024 10:35am
Christonabike

United Kingdom 

Thanks DJIT.

I had a call from JLR out of the blue yesterday saying they were calling customers awaiting cars to see where we were with things currently, when I explained the situation they promised to escalate it to a case manager and get back to me.

Still no contact from my local centre

Post #701442 4th Oct 2024 10:48am
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

I feel your frustration and pain Christonabike,

I have come to the conclusion, after a few issues recently JLR nor its dealers give a crap about loyal customers anymore, I am nearly 30 years loyal and 18+ cars and they just don't care.

They would rather cater to the tok tik generation of iphone wielding bloggers who wear their baseball caps the wrong way round with their trousers half way down there backsides, whose every other word is an expletive.

Hey ho, perhaps i am just getting old and grumpy, I have now drawn a line in and the sand and although i love the products will never buy another one, given there lack luster approach to customer service.

Rant for a friday over with. I hope you get sorted and they honour the deal.

I have come to the conclusion, the only way to be heard is vote with your feet.

DrF

Post #701466 4th Oct 2024 12:55pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I ordered without deployable sidesteps and regret it. They’re £4k fitted from the dealer this many years on, so near 10% of the cars value! Seems silly but it’s the only thing my car’s missing so I’ll probably do it in a fit of enthusiasm next year. My son needs them to stop hanging off the door, which irks me, plus I’m not getting any younger, and at this rate I may keep the car forever, so… a good way to spend his inheritance. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #701507 4th Oct 2024 8:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1