Home > Technical (L405) > Battery completely dead, recharging - alarm going
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Inigo

United Kingdom 
Battery completely dead, recharging - alarm going

Hello All

I picked up a SVA yesterday and enjoyed the drive home. I got a check enginelight on the way, so turned around and went back to the main dealer. They said no codes and reset it. When I first opened the car there was a low battery alarm - please start engine, so the assumption was that it was related to that.

I get most of the way home, (200 miles) and the check engine light come on again. I'm going to get my gap iid recoded to work with this car now, but assumed a battery problem again.

This morning I thought I would plug in my CTek charger to charge the battery and see if that helped, but before I had a chance, I got a message from the tracker saying that the car had gone! It hadn't, but when I tried to open it, no response. Battery is completely dead.

I called Land Rover Assistance, but I'm not yet registered. Called the dealer, but they haven't called back yet.

I read the manual and have used the emergency key to open the door and the bonnet and am now charging. Just enough juice to trigger the alarm, but not the module that allows the alarm to be switched off. Instead of having a beautiful lump of metal blocking my drive I now have a beautiful lump of metal blocking my drive and annoying the neighbours.

My wife is asking why I didn't buy a BMW...

Post #699237 1st Sep 2024 12:01pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 

Ah, some progress.

I used my Noco jump starter thing to get the engine running, alarm turned off at least.

Is there anyway, built in to the car to see battery health or do I need to get my Gap IID working?

Post #699238 1st Sep 2024 12:12pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

I don't think there is.

Can you not get it to a Kwik fit or similar and get them to test the battery. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #699243 1st Sep 2024 1:27pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 

I've ordered a battery tester for delivery tomorrow (following a post on here), but KwikFit/Halfords might be a good call for today - thank you.

Post #699245 1st Sep 2024 1:37pm
4RRS

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Your Gap IID will work on the Sva without a subscription, the only thing you won't be able to do is reflash modules, for that you will need to add the Sva to your existing subscription. L405 SV Autobiography LWB SDV8, finished in Aston Martin China Grey by ETO division.

Post #699248 1st Sep 2024 2:06pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 

My GAP IID is too old to work with this car, I'll need to get a newer version.

Supplying dealer called on Monday, quite apologetic and came up with a plan to get me sorted. LR assist came and read some codes - a plethora of errors on many different modules, so, hopefully the battery replacement will sort all of these. Waiting for the LR Assist to sort out a hire car and get me booked in to the local dealers. I took a note of the codes in case any of them remain post battery replacement.

Post #699427 3rd Sep 2024 9:50pm
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I,m sure a new battery will sort this out. Why did the dealer not check the battery especially as these are very tempramental about there batterys? overfinch modified

Post #699608 6th Sep 2024 12:18pm
Inigo

United Kingdom 

Yes, I hope so. Currently with local dealer waiting for them to have a look.

The dealer I got it from did seem to have hundreds of cars on their forecourt. If they change the batteries on all of them it would add up. Although it's not a great start and does make me question if paying the premium for buying approved used is worthwhile. Still, I've got a new Discovery to play with for the weekend.

Post #699619 6th Sep 2024 1:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1