Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Lost the only working key for 2006 Range Rover Vogue L322
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Khalid

Qatar 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey
Lost the only working key for 2006 Range Rover Vogue L322

Hi all,
About 3 weeks had lapsed, and I am still looking for the main key to start the L322.
I placed it somewhere or it may had fallen within a crack in my other car (within the center console blinds area on top of the gear - I had opened all that but could not get to the flooring part as it was complicated and took about 2 hours and half). This I beleive the key may have gone missing for good.

I have the original key which I removed the transponder and the circuit board and placed them in a new shell with a cut key and it had been working as the original key. The original key now is just an empty shell with the key blade that can open the door (but the alarm will sound off until it is locked again).

I plan to open the center console and remove the EWS box by disconnecting the battery to stop the alarm. I am also planning to buy:
1- the AK90+ key coder (about $20)
2- copies of the key from AliExpress with the circuit board and the transponder chip (ID44) (about $20 each)

However, I have seen how to do the copying with a working key, which I do not have. I called the local dealer, and the guy in the spare parts department said they stopped getting parts for that model year.

I feel depressed every day when I pass the car and see how it has dropped the suspension because it had not started in so many days. Is there anything that I can do or contact to get a working key made?
I am sure that someone at least had gone through that pain before (other than those who got their only working key stolen) and got a decent solution.

Kind regards,
Khalid
2006 Range Rover Vogue Super Charge (L322)

Post #697640 8th Aug 2024 3:12pm
Ian Donkin

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Try Duckworths, the site sponsors here in the UK.

They provided me with a new key for a 2004 L322 not many years ago and it was both cut and coded for the vehicle. It's got to be worth a call... 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDv8

Post #697643 8th Aug 2024 3:55pm
Khalid

Qatar 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for the tip.
I am sorry to hear about your ordeal with your 2004 Range Rover but glad to hear you managed to find a solution. It must had been a depressing experience.

I emailed them and I will be awaiting their reply. I hope they still can provide that service.

Much appreciated,
Khalid

Post #697759 9th Aug 2024 11:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1