Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > MY 2018 Executive Seats - any real world experience?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tomgc61

United Kingdom 
MY 2018 Executive Seats - any real world experience?

Just been offered the perfect RR but it has the rear exec seating. I know this was a big issue in the earlier cars but does anybody have any insight? Dealer not too helpful.

My concerns are 1. the middle seat is uncomfortable for the occasional fifth passenger and 2. the seats don't fold down for extra luggage space in any meaningful way. 3. there is a reduction in space in the boot. Finally is resale affected by it being an unpopular used option.

Thanks for any thoughts

Post #694384 13th Jun 2024 7:38pm
Martin2

England 

I had them for 3 years and everyone who travelled in the back loved them, I had to stop my wife from wanting to siting there a couple of times!

The middle seat comfort is an interesting one, as the main reason I bought a Range Rover was having quite a big gap between first and third sons meant my middle son couldn’t fit comfortable in the centre seat in the 7 series. I automatically assumed that the Vogue SE would be the one to go for because the centre seat base looked wider, but when I sat in both back to back, I preferred the Autobiography…happy days! Maybe slightly less elbow room with a car seat fitted alongside, but better for 3 adults in my opinion.

No issues with boot space either and the slight slope never bothered me. It depends on what you’re planning to carry around? If it’s a wardrobe them it might be a problem!

I don’t know if resale is effected at all, but I’d be surprised as most ABs have them and they’re still very popular. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #694389 13th Jun 2024 8:29pm
Tomgc61

United Kingdom 

Brilliant thanks for that. Answers a lot of questions. In the image there seems to be quite a chunky cross piece behind the seat. Is that permanent?

Post #694396 13th Jun 2024 9:15pm
JamboM3

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

No experience personally, but I was tempted to buy a newer RR recently and it did not have the exec seating, they obviously do not "look" as good as the standard exec seating and on AB they are a no cost delete option I believe.

I saw a pic of what it looks like with them folded, that + in my case a hybrid with smaller boot height meant for my use case I would only want one without the exec seating as I rarely take rear passengers these days but often fill the boot!

https://www.rangerovers.net/threads/rear-e...at.335478/

Looks to be a lot less room, although I have not experienced it in the flesh so to speak

Post #694401 13th Jun 2024 10:04pm
Tomgc61

United Kingdom 

Yes that's interesting. The car is not the plug in hybrid so it doesn't have that initial disadvantage on the boot space from the battery. It's a very large boot to start with so the slight loss from the executive seats I think I can live with when we will very rarely fill it and most of the times it will be carrying tree or four at most.

Post #694410 14th Jun 2024 6:07am
Martin2

England 

Tomgc61 wrote:
Brilliant thanks for that. Answers a lot of questions. In the image there seems to be quite a chunky cross piece behind the seat. Is that permanent?

The panel behind the seats folds down, it's that piece which stops them folding flat.

It's not a huge reduction in space and as you say, its a large boot anyway. Your passengers will thank you! MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #694412 14th Jun 2024 8:28am
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

my passengers love the exec rear seats, the few occasions I have say in the back I have loved them too, ive had some big bulky things in the back and not adversely affected by the slightly reduced load space.

Each to their own but I like them and will look to have them in the next car too First time FFRR owner

Post #694419 14th Jun 2024 10:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1