Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > The market
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ABAB

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
The market

I’d expected to have changed my MY16 FF by now but for a whole host of reasons I haven’t.

In part, I was waiting for the 460 market to calm down a bit after launch, which given it was in the middle of all the global supply chain stuff, made it odder than I’d expected.

Anyway, now we’re a couple of years further forward I’m still keeping a light touch view on supply & prices of the “new” model.

I’m going to a local dealer for my annual service next week and plan to do this as a while you wait job. Had a very courteous email from a manager there yesterday offering me a chance to chat about a possible renewal while I’m waiting, which I’m interested to do.

I’ve just taken a look at said dealer’s website to see if they have any 460s in stock for sale. I was bowled over when I counted up 15 brand new cars on the site - not their group stock, but 15 brand new FFRRs at one dealership.

Not sure if this is a wider spread theme, but it strikes me that if so a buyer should be in a much stronger position at the moment. Has all the post-launch fizz and excitement started to run out a bit perhaps? 2016 SDV8 AB

Post #693677 31st May 2024 9:21am
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Prices are now down to late £70's to early £80's so plenty of opportunities right now. Plenty of choice in terms of engine and spec and colours too.

Last time I looked at Autotrader there was 30 pages of them, unfortunately seems the bubble has well and truly burst, a lot probably down to insurance, and people thinking they could make a quick buck when they first launched. Also generally luxury cars seem to have dropped across the board.

Good luck with the search. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #693680 31st May 2024 10:26am
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Loads of cancelled orders, seems people don’t like paying ten grand for insurance.

Post #693685 31st May 2024 1:19pm
DJIT

United Kingdom 

Agree with the above. There was an abundance of free stock L460 in the market last month.

Added to the above points, there is still high 9.9% APR in financing the FFRR which will no doubt come down shortly. There are already much better finance deals on RRS (5.9% and £5k contribution as standard).

Many buyers of early L460 were encouraged by the dealers to place a future order with no deposit on their ideal spec next car. I'm told this was because dealers were not allowed to order their own stock at the time and the dealers wanted access to new stock.

Now the second hand values have gone down, many people who specc'd a second L460 have backed out due to the high cost to change.

Add it all together and its certainly a buyers market. Great news if you are looking to buy!

(They are de-speccing some of the range from August. I believe Exec rear seats on ATB is going to be a £3k option. SO for me, this month was a good time to buy a factory fresh car).

Post #693686 31st May 2024 1:33pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Just seen a nice one colour-wise , P400 petrol MHEV, reduced from 106,000 in Dec 23 to £80k, 24%/£26k off!

Just gotta wait for my L322 to start playing up (good for the last 5 years! Thumbs Up ) so I can buy one.

Post #693691 31st May 2024 4:53pm
RDR

United Kingdom 

I rejected mine back in august last year, it looks like the dealer finally sold it last week. They moved it around 3 of their dealerships starting price was £130k it was listed for £97k when it was reserved last week.

They have lost so much money on that car given what they had to do to put things right with me too. The high voltage battery has, been sat for 6 months at 0% too ! MY23 PHEV HSE
MY19 Disco 5 HSE - gone
My16 Disco 4 HSE LUXURY - gone
My12 Disco 4 HSE - gone
MY05 Disco 3 S - gone but not forgotten

Post #693807 3rd Jun 2024 8:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1