Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Advice requested: door lock actuator replacement?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cudman

2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Bournville
Advice requested: door lock actuator replacement?

RR 5.0l V8 Supercharged 2011
Symptoms: locking car with fob and I get a soft "beep, beep" which I have understood means failure to lock the car. Door mirrors do not fold but all doors are locked when I try to open them. However, if I unlock rear left door, close it, and then try to lock the car again then that door does not lock, it stays unlocked with the black push pin still up. Opening that door will sound the alarm.

I have bought a cheap door lock actuator from a breaker, from a 2012 RR, replaced the one I suspected was bad (which was really simple, remove three bolts, remove the door card, unwrap the foam, unbolt the lock, remove from car and install the replacement). However, problem is still the same, i.e. two beeps when locking and left rear door stays either locked or unlocked irrespective if I lock/unlock the car using fob.

Advice requested: was the replacement door lock actuator also busted and I need to pay up for a brand new LR part, or would anyone now troubleshoot something else?

I found similar problem described on a L405 here: https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic66308...ep+locking and solution appeared to be buying a new door lock.

Post #693769 2nd Jun 2024 12:08pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

You can try just realigning the lock litterully a mm or 2 can make all the difference.

Post #693773 2nd Jun 2024 2:29pm
Cudman

2011 Range Rover Supercharged 5.0 SC V8 Bournville

Quote:
realigning the lock litterully a mm or 2

Just came back in from garage slightly loosening the 3 bolts holding the door lock in place and then tried to wiggle the lock, and unfortunately either I completely misunderstood you or you are referring to some other car than an 2011 L322 rear door lock, because the 3 bolts are dead centered in their respective holes in the side of the door, absolutely no movement possible at all. The door lock goes in exactly in the same place every single time it is fastened.

Post #693789 2nd Jun 2024 7:09pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner iv been in hospital.

Yes that's the 3 screws you can just off set the lock a fraction or try the door striker if moving the lock doesn't help

Post #694212 10th Jun 2024 3:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1