Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Electric cars sunk
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
JMC

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Orkney Grey

AJGalaxy2012 wrote:
You would probably be amazed at what goes on offshore, the equipment, the training, the drills etc.

I once had to be assigned a 'buddy' on an oil platform, just to go out on deck. When I asked the OIM what the script was, I was told that if my buddy dropped to the floor, I should run like f**k.

Nothing surprises me where corporate H&S is concerned. Shocked The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile

Post #670025 28th Jul 2023 11:02pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

cass wrote:

Of course it could just be that many media outlets seem to be emphasising anything negative about EV's for some reason, and it seems to be damaging the EV illusion.

Fleetnews reports:-

Vehicle fire data
Data obtained through a Freedom of Information (FOI) request revealed that in 2019 the London Fire Brigade dealt with 54 electric vehicle fires compared with 1,898 petrol and diesel fires.

Vehicle registration numbers from the Department for Transport (DfT) show there are 50,000-plus plug-in cars licensed in the capital out of a total 4.63 million licensed cars.

Looking at the London Fire Brigade data, that would suggest an incident rate of 0.04% for petrol and diesel car fires, while the rate for plug-in vehicle is more than double at 0.1%. So far this year, there have been 1,021 petrol and diesel fires and 27 EV fires in the capital.

Of course you would expect more ICE vehicle fires due to the greater numbers but with this in mind, you rarely see an ICE vehicle fire reported even though theres a lot more of them.

Quote:

The headlines will be fun when the depreciation bombshell sinks in, our company EV's have lost 60% of their value in 2 years, thank God we leased and didn't buy.

Have a look at this for an explanation:

BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #670087 30th Jul 2023 10:16am
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

JMC wrote:
AJGalaxy2012 wrote:
You would probably be amazed at what goes on offshore, the equipment, the training, the drills etc.

I once had to be assigned a 'buddy' on an oil platform, just to go out on deck. When I asked the OIM what the script was, I was told that if my buddy dropped to the floor, I should run like f**k.

Nothing surprises me where corporate H&S is concerned. Shocked

That sounds about right. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #670088 30th Jul 2023 10:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12