Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Rover turns over but won’t start - 2008 HSE 4.4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Glackowitz

United States 
Rover turns over but won’t start - 2008 HSE 4.4

Hi All, my 2008 4.4 HSE died on my wife tonight. She and my daughter ran some errands and about a mile from home the check engine light came on. car made it home fine and was running when i went out to grab some groceries and the pizza for dinner. daughter pulled it into the garage and mentioned the light came on. I went out after dinner and started it but ran rough for about 5 seconds and died. and now wont start at all, turns over but no start. I tried to pull codes but none showing that I see, CEL is still on but no codes and no start. I have the Iland tool and can get the fuel relay to click on and off but cant hear the pump try and run, so went looking for a valve to check fuel pressure but dont see one on the rails anywhere.

anyway to test for pressure? going to check for power at the pump tomorrow night when I get home from work and see if there power.

anything else I should check?

Glad the pump can be accessed from the top, had to do 2 pumps on our 96 and one on our 2000, and dropping the tank was a bit of a hassle.

Post #569301 9th Oct 2020 3:15pm
maric995

Croatia 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hi,
When my pump go this summer, I also didn't had any faults when I scaned it. I fliped rear seats, pulled carpet and measured voltage on the pump conector, it has 6 pins, 2 pins in the middle are for the pump supply. Since I had power on cranking, I know that the pump died. You can also unplug fuel hose conector and check if the fuel goes out when cranking.
You also have a good video on youtube by fixitangel (just type fixitangel range rover fuel pump) Smile RR HSE 4.4 2006 LPG

Post #569417 10th Oct 2020 8:07pm
Glackowitz

United States 

Thanks Maric, I pulled carpet up and looked at the pins and none look burnt as I was told to look at as well. Can’t find a marked fuse or relay. I’m pretty sure it’s the pump, 116k on mileage and pump tops look like they have never been touched.

Post #569424 10th Oct 2020 8:29pm
Glackowitz

United States 

Metered the fuel pump and it was open. Replaced it and all is well. Took about an hour or so, may have gone faster but had about a quarter tank of gas so was covering most of the pump units.

Fired right up after it was all back together.

Post #569952 16th Oct 2020 5:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1