Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Hose problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
oooMURPHooo

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue
Hose problem

Hi all, I have a 2010 RR TDV8 and it has issues. Not long after owning it it developed a power problem around 1500-2000 rpm. It would judder and lose power. I could push through it and it would pull OK. Also while there was a loss of power and accelerating there was a brief clatter/knocking (sorry its the only way I can describe the sound) a cloud of smoke and it would return to normal. I took it back to the garage I bought it from and got them to check it over under warranty. They fixed it and told me it was a split air pipe. I picked the car up and everything was fine. The same problem has returned 5 months later. Looking under the bonnet I can see the n/s intercooler pipe was the one they replaced so I have checked the o/s one and it is OK. My diesel knowledge is VERY poor so I wondered if there are anymore hoses that relate to the intercooler system I should check?

Many thanks,

Chris

Post #551592 24th Apr 2020 6:50pm
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi Chris, sometimes the splits can be hard to see without removing the hoses, also the genuine hoses tend to split fairly often so some replace them with silicone ones that will last a very long time Thumbs Up 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #551604 24th Apr 2020 8:46pm
oooMURPHooo

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I took both off yesterday to inspect the underneath, I did notice that the old one had a build up of soot around the hose where it connects back into the engine. Not sure if that points to anything. Thanks for the reply 👍

Post #551621 25th Apr 2020 8:59am
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Hi Chis

If there is a build up of soot around the outside of the join/connection on a hose I think it indicates you may have a leak at that joint. That would lead to a possible reduction of boost to the engine. Look at all the hoses and joins carefully as Dolph says and perhaps follow his advice to change them for silicone.3.

Also if you use search you will find quite a bit about hoses and leaks. I'm assuming that your car is the 3.6TDV8 Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #551630 25th Apr 2020 10:38am
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Have a we look at my for sale post just bumped back to the top, if that fits you, make me a cheeky offer

Post #551632 25th Apr 2020 10:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1