Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Key Fob / Central Locking issue *** FIXED ***
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
arnie68

United Kingdom 
Key Fob / Central Locking issue *** FIXED ***

RR Vogue 3.6TDV8, registered year 07 (MY06)

Problem:

Remote fob unlocking / locking stopped working (flat fob battery?)
Key in driver’s door, one turn unlock driver’s door second turn unlock all doors still working

Then after a while the following:

Key in driver’s door, one turn unlock driver’s door (not the same sound), second turn nothing. Open door alarm beeping until key placed in ignition (not turned just inserted), beeping stops, remove key put back in driver’s door now activates central locking (still takes two turns to unlock all doors)

I thought it was just that the fob batteries were completely dead so got a replacement battery in one key fitted by RRUK, but still the same.

Both keys behave in the same way (key with new battery and old key with flat battery)

My question is:

Will the procedure below for pairing the fobs to the locking system fix this?

1. Insert key in ignition and turn to position 2 then remove key (within 5 seconds )
2. Hold the unlock button for no longer than 15 seconds, whilst holding the unlock button press the lock button 3 times, release both buttons and the central locking will lock and unlock the doors to confirm it has worked.
3. To do another key, repeat step 2 with the second key

Also this procedure says key to position 2 but I have seen others that say position 1 (which is right)

Or am I looking at BCU problems? Transport Mode?

I have search the forums for the problem but can’t find anything the same as I am experiencing.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Last edited by arnie68 on 24th Nov 2018 11:36am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #494385 2nd Nov 2018 9:40am
haveplan

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Giverny Green

I have same issues, fob stopped working while abroad, got home and second fob also not working. with key in ignition all works (but alarm sounds when opening door using key only).
Looks like an issue with the radio receiver that handles the fob's radio signal.
Other forums suggest the unit may have lost power due to a corroded splice in the door sill.
For me this seems to coincide with one of the sunroof's rainwater drain tubes being blocked as I have water seeping from the headliner and it is likely there's water draining through the door pillars.
This corroded splice seems to be a common issue on Range Rovers.

Post #495366 12th Nov 2018 4:00pm
arnie68

United Kingdom 

Fixed:

looked at this post: http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/post40715.html

replaced the RF reciever (£10 from the bay) and my central locking is now working again, had to re-pair the key i had the battery replaced in but after that all good.

Post #496477 24th Nov 2018 11:35am
PIMCO

Norway 

Did you find a reliable/cheap source for RF receivers on eBay?

Post #497404 3rd Dec 2018 12:26pm
arnie68

United Kingdom 

To be honest there were only a few available, it only cost £10 so i figured if it didnt work it was no loss. it was from: The Furness Car Company

What i believe is the date stamp on it, the old "faulty" one has 01-07 which ties in i think to the build year of the car and the new one is 02-04 which is a few years older, if i'm right about what those numbers mean.

On the other thread the guy asked if the updated model would work but no one answered so i went for the same part number as the faulty one, the newer part was available on ebay but they were £50.

A.

Post #497411 3rd Dec 2018 1:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1