Home > Technical (L322) > LR audio connectivity module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JustinP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black
LR audio connectivity module

Hi,

Can one of you guys who knows about the LR audio connectivity module, tell me what features it provides?

My 2006 Supercharged is fitted with the Aux in as part of the rear entertainment package, and connecting my iPhone to it sounds ok, but the wire trailing down the side of the passenger seat is less than attractive.

So can you confirm whether the iPod connectivity kit allows you to fully traverse the iPod library by album, artist, genre or playlist?

Does the phone feature still work when the iPhone is connected to the LR audio connectivity module, if so does it also connect through the cable and provide SMS functionality, or does the phone still connect over bluetooth?

Many thanks,

Justin

Post #34769 3rd Nov 2010 11:00pm
InVogue

United Kingdom 

Would like to know about this also, I have a 2005MY with touchscreen nav.

Post #34780 4th Nov 2010 12:30am
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I don't know if the ACM will go into a 2005.
2006 I think it will do fine, but better to ask before shelling out some money for it.

The module doesn't allow you to navigate through artists, songs, etc...
It just emulates the CD player. CD1 is playlist 1, CD2 - playlist 2, .......untill CD5. CD6 reades the whole ipod tracks.
You can however block tracks, artists by using the search button before connecting the ipod to the car. Then the ipod gets blocked only for that artist/genre/list, and CD6 will only play that artist/genre, etc...

Have a friend with an iphone and remember trying it once, but don't remember about the bluetooth/ACM.
But, it should work fine. The phone will go via bluetooth and the sound via ACM, so when it rings the sound stops and the phone will work, I think.... Confused

Post #34806 4th Nov 2010 10:51am
JustinP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

VMPP wrote:
The module doesn't allow you to navigate through artists, songs, etc...
It just emulates the CD player. CD1 is playlist 1, CD2 - playlist 2, .......untill CD5. CD6 reades the whole ipod tracks....

Shame, I was hoping for better iPod integration so I will stick with the Aux in and the cable trailing next to the passenger seat.

Post #34893 4th Nov 2010 8:47pm
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

InVogue wrote:
Would like to know about this also, I have a 2005MY with touchscreen nav.
It goes in the 2005 just as well - installation is a bit more involved, tho, as the dash pad has to come out. In 06, LR extended the harness to the glovebox and made the installation easier. With a little practice, the dash pad can be removed in under 1/2 hour. You do not have to remove the A-pillar trim, just be a little creative when tugging and shoving the L&R vent surrounds. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #34924 4th Nov 2010 11:08pm
InVogue

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info - sounds a little more involved than I'd like though....

Post #34933 5th Nov 2010 12:14am
SteveMFr
Site Sponsor

The most daunting part of the task (which really does sound much worse than it is), is removing the vents themselves. 4 clips must worked inward through the vent opening while you simultaneously pull on the vent to keep pressure on so they don't pop back into place. After that it's 3 screws on the left, 3 on the right and 11 (?) on top. If it were easier to remove the vents, I'd say 10 mins w/o practice.

Having control of the iPod functions via th touch screen is very nice. Admittedly the integration is not wonderful (and above all the cost Shocked ), but being able to change tracks and see where you're going both on the road and on the iPod is very nice. 
RRC 2Dr, RRC 4Dr,
P38, and 2 L322s
(wife thinks I'm nuts - prob right, too)

Post #34965 5th Nov 2010 1:03pm
VMPP

Portugal 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

For me, its the best 400€ i've spent on the car.

Right now I only use CD6 (whole ipod) with random enabled, so, i have a brutal number of tracks without knowing which one will come next. If I like it, good, if not, next one untill I find one that suits the ocasion. Downside, sometimes i can flick through 100 tracks untill I find the correct one.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The cable through the aux I always found it a bit bad. First, it's on the back, then the sound is too low and last you gotta run cables thorgh the car and then flick the ipod, connect it, disconnect it, charge it at home....uff....no way...

This way, i've bought an ipod nano, 16GB, and its permanently on the car. The car charges it, so it stays there.

Post #34969 5th Nov 2010 1:55pm
jez000

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Bournville

If you don't like the trailing wire from the rear AUX port you can run it into your top armrest, I can take a couple of pics of what I did with mine but basicaly I removed the Rear Aux port an plugged a headphone extension cord into the port and routed the cable through to the armrest. 2021 P400 Silicon Silver AB
Gone 2011 Bournville TDV8 VSE
Gone 2008 Black Canadian HSE LUX

Post #34971 5th Nov 2010 1:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1