Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 2012 V8 Diesel Vogue Hard Suspension Problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
minihaha

Australia 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Cairns Blue
2012 V8 Diesel Vogue Hard Suspension Problems

I am posting this for a friend of mine who is having suspension problems with his 2011 Range Rover Vogue V8 Diesel. He has taken the car back to the local dealer 12 times now but with no resolve. Most suspension parts have been replaced including the Struts, Compressor and ECU's plus many re-calibrations of the system. Whilst driving at random times the suspension goes hard and the car becomes rigid almost like the tire pressure has doubled. Land Rover have no idea what to do and think the problem is in his head. He has had 4 Range Rovers over the years and never had a problem like this. Any input on this would be appreciated as he is at a loose end.

Post #261789 28th May 2014 2:29am
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

Strange one this for the suspension to harden you need to put more air in it and this would raise the ride height ( this is why off road height is some what jiggly ) Does your friend car have adaptive dynamics fitted ? It might be a fault with this or he is driving around in a Sport and just doesn't know it Laughing
My car goes briefly stiff every morning( oh err) when I'm leaving the house and on the same bit of road and I have worked it out to this is precisely when the suspension is raising to normal height after leaving my garage so with air being added to the springs they can't absorb bumps as well . 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Last edited by axle on 28th May 2014 8:40am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #261790 28th May 2014 2:51am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

I don't know the exact layout of the system but i do know there are cross valves that get locked when the car is in off road settings. Maybe those cross valves are being activated.

Has the car had ECU upgrades all done ?? Maybe it is a software related issue. Otherwise maybe look at hardware (cross valves) or other valves in the system that could cause this sort of behaviour.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful, I just don't know enough about the system. Don't even have a schematic. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #261796 28th May 2014 6:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1