Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Faulty suspension query
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chawks

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Alveston Red
Faulty suspension query

Been looking at a FFRR TD6 on ebay that has 92k miles on (02 plate). Emailed the seller as he's about 200 miles away and he has said that the car has developed the follwing fault :

Fault code is pressure static when filling

Also the Radio screen goes on and off occasionally.Drivers heated seat not working.Indicator tell tail has a mind of its own. Upon further questioning he said that the car has no service book with it either.

So my question is what and how much to sort the suspension fault and would you take a risk on it? It's up for £6200 but would knock it to 6k due to the suspension fault.

Post #256580 27th Apr 2014 8:39pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Could be a number of things but most likely is a failed air suspension pump not delivering any air to the reservior. They can be refurbished at home aparently and there are a few on here who have done it using the following kit

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161120433644

Someone who has done it may be along soon to confirm. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #256583 27th Apr 2014 9:07pm
JOKER

Scotland 

For another few quid you could get one on an 06 although it's petrol

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...?logcode=p ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #256585 27th Apr 2014 9:09pm
chawks

Well that's the other option - get a V8 and LPG it. I do like the V8s and have had an lpg one in the past. However the mileage on that one puts me off a bit. But for that money can't be bad.

Post #256588 27th Apr 2014 9:21pm
RCusden

Wales 

The faults on that one sound just like mine. I had the suspension pressure static when filling and bought a repair kit for my compressor for £180 but it made no difference so then had to buy a new one from paddocks for £300. I know a lot of people have been lucky with the compressor repairs but this time I was not. The screen being blank on mine happens every so often but comes back on when it feels like but that's no real problem as mine has the original sat nag disk in so is pretty useless compaired to up to date ones so don't use it. The heated seat not working seems costly to fix as the heating units are sewn into the leather seat cover and a new one is required, I think some one on here has tried to fit a newer heated seat pad bt not sure of the out come.
Hope all this helps
Roger

Post #256601 27th Apr 2014 10:08pm
Weejock

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

What would worry me is no service book. Not a real problem if it's got a big wedge of receipts and invoices for past work done on it but no service book suggests an uncaring owner. A list of faults also suggests it being run on a shoestring, £200 off for a potential £300 compressor replacement and that's just parts cost, no fitting?
92k miles may sound like a low miles bargain but then again in another 10k miles is a load of expensive stuff going to go wrong as parts get to the end of their 'lifetime' (transmission for one)?
I would rather buy a higher mileage example with a fistful of evidence of previous work done on it like transmission, turbo, air bags/suspension, bushes, matching tyres, working air con, working electrics etc. etc.

I would walk away, plenty of others out there. Buying at the bottom end of the price range is Russian Roulette. Unless it's got evidence of loads of work done on it or you are prepared to get your hands dirty working on to save labour costs it could be an expensive money pit and write off that bargain buy.

Post #257398 2nd May 2014 7:10pm
chawks

I was put off by the no service history for the same reasons as you have just said, so I didn't bother looking at it. A TD6 03 plate just been advertised locally for similar price but that is an SE spec and has 145k miles - but lots of history. Might pop along to have a look around it. Think I'd rather buying something older/ cheaper that has the big works done (transmission etc) and have some in reserve for any other niggly things that may or may not need. I never seem to be able to find the £4.5k bargains that one member on here found Sad

Post #257400 2nd May 2014 7:40pm
Full Fat Ray

Wales 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

Very occasionally someone will find a real,genuine bargain Thumbs Up

But, more often than not, what at first appears to be a bargain turns out to be a money pit of despair Big Cry Big Cry

There are plenty out there, take your time, and you'll find the one thats ideal for you Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Bit like trying to find yourself a woman really Whistle - caveat emptor Rolling with laughter 2006 (56 Reg) 4.4 V8 Vogue In Bonatti Grey (Gorgeous!!)

Post #257402 2nd May 2014 7:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1