Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Key Programming
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

remember, when you sync a key you must do all your keys, repeat the process one at a time for each key, do you just need the internal circuit board for the key as this part can be used from a second hand unit..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-RANGE...1762wt_934 V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #108034 19th Feb 2012 10:12am
Nod 1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Autobiography Black 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

I had problem last week with, my alarm going off and whilst indicators were flashing, my brake lights were also on all the time and never went out! I managed to turn alarm off with fob and when I tried to turn ignition on, the key would not turn Big Cry So I disconnected the battery for the night and in the morning all was well and car ran ok.

UNTILL, last night!!! Alarm went off again, it would not tun off with fob so used key and alarm was shut off. Now the fob will not activate the central locking at all. Other than that the key still works with lock/unlock and starting the car.

I have checked battery voltage ( just over 12 months old) and it is showing 12.4 and with car running it is showing around 14.3. Key batteries are new as well.

In desperation, I have disconnected battery for the night in the hope that it might reset the system.

Anymore ideas and suggestions would be gratefully appreciated as I cannot think what else to do, I have read all related threads and tried all suggestions. Prior to this car has been going like a dream apart from replacing PCV hoses.

Thanks to you all in advance for your help, this forum is a fountain of knowledge Bow down Bow down

Post #108094 19th Feb 2012 6:48pm
daveo

it can happen, if the remote has not synced with the ecu when starting it can loose the rolling code, firstly you need to re-sync the key, again if you have two keys you will need to sync the pair. why your alarm is going of is an other matter,check that all your windows are fully up, check the bonnet switch,you can set the alarm and with an other click it should disable the ultrasonics, i think thats right will have to check unless someone can back it up... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #108097 19th Feb 2012 7:01pm
Nod 1

Sorry forgot a to mention, I disconnected bonnet switch last week after reading the relative thread. One thing I have noticed is that key can stick in lock and not turn fully. This has only happened in recent weeks. Could that be anything to do with it ?

Post #108100 19th Feb 2012 7:14pm
Nod 1

Hi Daveo
This morning when I reconnected battery, I was asked to input a code. Had no idea what it meant, but found out that it was an engine interlocking code. As I had never seen this before in all the time I have had vehicle (4years).
Anyway, long story short. I disconnected the earth at battery and left it for 5 minutes. Reconnected and waited for the countdown to complete the 10 minutes to run down. I was then able to start car and synchronise keys.
Car is now running and performing as before.
However, it still does not explain what triggered the alarm in the first place.....!
Anyway, many thanks for your advice and comments. Thumbs Up

Cheers

Nod1

Post #108276 20th Feb 2012 5:35pm
DeRanged Rover

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

Hey guys,

So my car only came with one key and I am in need of a second one - spoke to the dealers and as per 47p2's post above, there is a £60 programming charge?

Question is - I have the 2006 Facelift TD6 but on the old fixed key. Will the programming method highlighted above work? Or am I better off getting the dealer to do this?

Cheers African Bush Junkie ... in London!

Stats:
2006 TD6 Vogue SE
1972-2015 DeRanged Rover
2001 P38 dHSE (SOLD)

Post #116166 3rd Apr 2012 10:49am
twhincup

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I was recently relieved of £215 to get a second key for my 53 plate vogue. Luckily I read this post before i went to dealers and declined their 'programming service' saving me a further small fortune which, for that price for the key, you would think they would do it for nothing. Took me about 17 seconds to do Evil or Very Mad 2007 3.0L Diesel VW Touareg SE
2003 4.4 LPG, Vogue, Silver

Post #116171 3rd Apr 2012 11:02am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Just to muddy the waters a bit more, I've noticed that the battery in my spare key seems to have died as it doesn't open the doors etc remotely, but will open the doors using it in the lock and start the car, so what's the deal for changing the battery? Does it need recoded or anything once the battery has been replaced? Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #116177 3rd Apr 2012 11:22am
twhincup

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

my battery died completely without warning. reading elsewhere this is not uncommon. i went to LR who advised me to buy from tesco or somewhere else as their price was £8 per battery. The guy made it quite clear to only use a 2016 as the other flat battery types could cause damage. i bought 2 x 2016 for a fiver whilst out shopping and just did a straight swap when home with no issue. However i did then have a go at the 'programming' just to see how difficult it was and found it real easy especially as i only had one key at the time. 2007 3.0L Diesel VW Touareg SE
2003 4.4 LPG, Vogue, Silver

Post #116185 3rd Apr 2012 12:22pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Cheers for the battery info. Since mine is an MY07, I would assume the programming bit won't work........ Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #116188 3rd Apr 2012 12:38pm
alib123

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi Nod1, i had the same issue last night with alarm going off and brake lights on, did you find a solution?

Post #234072 11th Jan 2014 11:05am
trainmanone

England 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Oslo Blue

re brake light problem, if you cant turn the ignition key in the lock try cleaning the ignition switch. I had the same problem search my posts for what I did Thumbs Up have hawkeye diagnostics for l322 td6 in the manchester area ,pm for deatalis.

Post #234113 11th Jan 2014 5:59pm
Jovinblak

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
Replacement keys

Got my 2002 4.4v8 with only one key, contacted main dealer after checking in Microcat, dealer quoted £180 for key + £60 for programming, so took a chance and ordered a blank with electronics from ebay £27.34 with postage, it arrived two mornings later, with guidance from this site using the procedure mentioned, I now have two keys that lock/unlock and have found someone who will cut the blank from a photo of the original for a tenner, he also supplies empty cases cut to match for £15 quid if your original is worn as is mine, all I need do is swap my electronics over to the new empty one, will post back once done to confirm I can start the engine, but if it locks and unlocks, I'm sure it will. Hope this helps save people money, as there's no choice but dealer with the P38s.

Cheers John

Post #264699 11th Jun 2014 4:10pm
daveo

hi you will find the new key will lock and unlock but will not start the car, you need a new transponder coded to your car...and you will find that the dealers will not supply you with one unless they supply a whole key, i can code transponders but its a car in front of me job..
put the info about the man that will cut a key from a picture, find that interesting V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #264733 11th Jun 2014 7:46pm
Jovinblak

England 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

That's bad news Daveo, on the other hand, good news if you can do it depending on cost and your location in relationship to mine, just north of London, The key cutter, is I believe, Express Auto Keys in Orpington, keysinthepost.com, but considering the cost from Landrover, it was worth the gamble, not lost a lot and still have a spare case or a key that unlocks the car. Let me have the relevant information and I will get back to you when I get my keys back cut.

cheers John

Post #264743 11th Jun 2014 8:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>