Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > HDC Light on dash and heavy steering
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue
HDC Light on dash and heavy steering

OK, tonight I get a text from my wife that the car has (yet again Evil or Very Mad ) thrown a wobbly. She had come back from a decent drive (20 miles), no problem.

Later on went out again through the village and the HDC light on the instrument panel did not go out, car slowed down and a graunching noise(as if the HDC was active). No error messages on the dash are showing.
Last weekend when I was home (I work away) I noticed that when the headlights were turned on the message area on the instrument panel went off, turn the lights off and the message panel came back on.

As well as this she said that the steering had gone heavy as if there was a flat tyre.

She will be phoning the main dealers tomorrow (it has its own personal bay now its there that often!), but I am thinking battery, however the battery was only replaced in May this year followed by a new fuel pump and new alternator, pump and alternator both fitted and supplied by LR dealer, T.H. Whites in Swindon.

Anybody got any ideas or is it going to totally f Censored k up my Christmas......

Post #227063 4th Dec 2013 10:24pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

It can be quite easy to accidentally knock the HDC on - does she know where the switch is & how to turn it back off ?

Post #227077 4th Dec 2013 11:14pm
PaulTyrer

Yes, switch has been cycled on and off.she drives the car every day so knows more about its idiosyncrasies than I do!

Post #227087 4th Dec 2013 11:54pm
MikeC295

2006 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

It could be unrelated but I got a "HDC inactive" warning on my dash because my tracking was out, the steering wheel didn't sit quite straight either when driving in a straight line. The reason I say this is because if you say the steering is heavy this could be something to do with the tracking. There are sensors on each wheel reading the speed which in turn all link into the HDC system along with steering wheel angle sensors so that the HDC knows which wheel to brake and how much etc that they are extremely sensitive to wheel alignment. Might be worth suggesting a 4 wheel alignment to your land rover dealer...

Post #227095 5th Dec 2013 12:43am
mike & the mechanics

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Galway Green

Only a guess but how old is your battery? Worse things happen at sea! Well thats what swmbo said when WRENS came to sea!!!

Post #227097 5th Dec 2013 12:50am
PaulTyrer

OK, no HDC inactive errors displayed, the green car going downhill icon is permanently showing on the instrument panel, HDC switch has been cycled through on / off and battery was replaced in April / may this year together with new alternator.

I can't see it being related to the tracking as it has been fine up to today, and it never goes off road!

I'm convinced these cars know when it's coming up to Christmas and just want to bleed you dry!

Post #227101 5th Dec 2013 1:26am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1