Home > Technical (L322) > Help me understand the boxes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MarkT

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
Help me understand the boxes

Hi Guys

I have a MY08 Vogue with factory TV (seems to be Freeview). It also has retro fitted screens in the headrests (Necvox). My challenge is I opened up the left hand hatch in the boot to find:

1) Sat Nav DVD (single disc, seems to be factory fit)
2) A 6 DVD player (seems after market)
3) A Nokia black box (not a clue)
4) A DVB TV box (defo aftermarket)
5) A million wires and other small boxes (seems to be normal automotive stuff Smile )

Plus there is an Ariel at the middle of the front screen and another in the rear side window.

Whilst the rear screens run the DVD fine and the front does TV fine, I was looking to see if the rears could run TV (hence I was wondering why I had a seemly third party Digi TV box in the back if the front was running a factory setup) secondly I was wondering what the Nokia box was (I have PTI so maybe its a standard part of that? ) Third and finally (thanks for bearing with me !!) I also have coming out of the back left cubby area two what look like microphone jacks (wondering if previous own had something else connected?)

In addition I have a remote for the rear screens, one for the DVB TV box (doesn’t do anything to the TV running on the front screen so assume totally separate) and a remote for the 6 DVD player.

Appreciate its all a bit random, but before I ask the LR dealer that supplied the car (anticipating "sorry sir that’s all non LR stuff and we know nothing about it) I’d ask a more informed audience.

Cheers in advance - Mark

Post #22540 16th Jul 2010 7:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1