Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > I phone 5 bluetooth pairing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
filthyliam

United Kingdom 

thanks

yes i think i am pressing the bluetooth button there isnt anything else in the armrest it is the bit that comes as the replacement when I took the "range rover' phone out

gonna see if I can find the installation manual and see if i need to put the old tray in again but i'm not sure it will work as the last thing in the installation is the pairing after the centre console tray has been changed

Post #197375 3rd Jul 2013 8:27am
Simple1

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I use an IPhone 5 with no problem. The software was updated before I took delivery as it wasn't working at test drive. Turned out to be a blown fuse but software done anyway. I had lots of problems with Sport , mainly the phone would pair then randomly disconnect, usually during a call and this was diagnosed and needing new software. TDV8 Vogue SE 2009.
TDV8 Sport. Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!
Other toys in the cupboard.......

Post #197414 3rd Jul 2013 1:00pm
filthyliam

United Kingdom 

thanks gonna try to pair i phone to I phone first as i have been told you can do this just to confirm that there are no bluetooth issues from the phones then speak to dealers and see if they can help will also look at the installation manual and user guide on Bimmernav to see if I can find anything

Post #197443 3rd Jul 2013 6:18pm
filthyliam

United Kingdom 

tried to pair i phone 4 with my 5 and they wont connect just watched a vid on youtube pairing a 5 to a car he goes into settings bluetooth on which starts to search and puts the bluetooth symbol in the top right hand corner to the left of the battery symbol. Now just a small point but when he then presses the home key on the I phone it stays on, mine doesn't it goes off but is that because it cant find anything to connect to or a fault with the phone?

Post #197459 3rd Jul 2013 8:32pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Your iphone 5 will never pair with your car until you get the ulf in to pairing mode.

Are you dealing with a BMW dealer? As the kit was never fitted to a land rover product, so lr will have no idea.

Your old phones connect as they have been paired already.

Spending on navcoder and a cable will be far cheaper than a dealer.......If you can't find the pairing button and don't want to short wires..... 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #197484 4th Jul 2013 5:22am
filthyliam

United Kingdom 

right a development!
I have managed to get it into pairing mode I wanted to pair my wifes phone first (I phone4) as mine would be given priority if i did it last as i spend more time behind the wheel and if we are both in I would be driving and need use of the kit . I have paired it using the pairing button and switching on the ignition this time it decided to work 3 lights flashed above the stereo and the display in the dash said pairing mode. I put bluetooth on on the phone and searched for devices up came BMW ULF yes i thought! put in the passkey off the module (as 2121 didnt work and i remembered the code was on the side of the module in the boot) pressed pair on the phone and it connected. THEN as quick as it did this it disconnected. Tried my I phone 5 and the same happened tried to make a call and it just rang via the handset not the bluetooth.

has anyone any experience of this or know what i am now doing wrong?

thanks

Post #198060 8th Jul 2013 8:20pm
Jammer600

2009 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Wrong thread sorry

Post #198104 8th Jul 2013 10:20pm
filthyliam

United Kingdom 

I have also now had a reply from Bimmernav who have suggested turn off the wi fi on the phone backup the phone book on my computer and delete it from the phone then try to connect as sometimes the phonebook causes problems ???? Also check the phonebook to ensure all entries are A-Z characters and numbers are all 0-9 which they are. And check that settings are configured to allow other bluetooth devices to control ( dont think you can do this on an I phone if you can I havent found it)
I didnt do this last time and didnt want to delete the phone book so I just turned off the wi fi and still it connected then dis connected

When I mentioned re the pairing connection dropping out it does this to allow you to connect to the next phone (didnt last time as I only connected one) and just turn the car off to end the pairing mode and it should work.

any thoughts ??

Post #198135 9th Jul 2013 7:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12