Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
steptoe

England 

Don't forget the RRS has the inferior hatch back. Very Happy

Post #167207 24th Jan 2013 12:43pm
simon1233

United Kingdom 

In response to the OP, I think you really need to sit in them both and drive them both. Ignore comments about the pedigree of the vehicles, who really cares if one is a dressed up disco? It is whether or not you want a specific vehicle and if it is suitable for your needs. You can only tell this by driving the things and seeing if you find the interior a nice place to sit.

I have had an RRS (TDV6) and then moved onto a FFRR (TDV8): After 2 years of persistent (albeit minor) faults with the RRS I was ready for a change. If a sporty drive is important to you over space/practicality and luxury then the RRS has its merits. I changed to a FFRR as I wanted a better interior space/reliability and wasn't willing to pony up the (extra) money for a newer model RRS. That said I think that my RRS must have had the upgraded semi-analine leather in it as the quality of the leather on the seats was better in my RRS than in my Vogue. That is the only place where the RRS was better though... (my opinion, not backed up by any scientific measurement or fact)

Enjoy making your choice, I am sure you will be happy with whichever model you choose Thumbs Up

Post #167209 24th Jan 2013 1:13pm
Fox

United Kingdom 

RRS in the Which? survey last year was the least reliable car on the road.
That's quite a tough pill to swallon in return for the "Sport" image... Whistle

If you want a Range Rover, buy one.
If you want a Sporty drive, don't buy a 2,500kg+ 4x4.

Drive both, the feel of the FFRR is way better. It's the flagship of the Range.
The RRS is just badge engineering to sell more cars and make more money.

Post #170297 5th Feb 2013 8:28pm
mikef

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

I tried both the FFRR and the RRS before I plumped for the FFRR. I can't quote actual volumes but to me, the boot in the RRS is still very large, certainly large enough for what I would want and the tailgate on the latest models is remotely operated, unlike the FFRR, which I think is an advantage. However the one thing that swayed me towards the FFRR was cabin space. I'm only about 6ft 1" but I found there was barely enough legroom for me in the RRS driver's seat and the pedals are so close together that I couldn't press the accelerator without constantly brushing the brake pedal. In contrast the FFRR is enormous inside and far more comfortable as a result. As for handling, yes I suppose the RRS is somewhat more agile but that's like saying a hippopotamus is more agile than an elephant. You wouldn't buy either vehicle if you wanted a car that handled well although the payoff with the FFRR is that it rides better than the RRS. IMHO, the other factor in favour of the FFRR is the V8 diesel, especially the 4.4TDV8. On paper, there is not much difference in performance between a FFRR 4.4TDV8 and a RRS SDV6 but in practice, the V8 in the FFRR is a much nicer torquier unit in that you feel that there is power in reserve when you need it whereas the V6 in the RRS feels as if its nearer it's limit most of the time. But do drive both cars for as long as possible before making a decision

Post #171690 12th Feb 2013 1:15pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Thumbs Up All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #171704 12th Feb 2013 1:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12