Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > I'm leaking....(MY11 4.4 TDV8)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tomw2000

2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
I'm leaking....(MY11 4.4 TDV8)

Not had a search around but anyone else had this?

Motorway driving last night. Heavy rain.

I feel a wet splash on my right hand knee. There is water on the handrest/handle of the driver's side door. Just a bit. Few spashes. Not a steady drip. Nothing pouring in. Had a grope around the interior of the door, windscreen and door window, couldn't find any obvious source. (although it was dark and p*ssing down and I was doing a billion mph and mostly watching the road in front of me).

Have driven the FFRR in heavier rain in the past with no similar issue.

ideas?

Post #146059 12th Oct 2012 8:19am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Could be something simple as a leaf or twig caught between the seals ??

When it is dry, have a good look at the seals with the door open and see if you can spot any damage.

Check if the window was shut completely and nothing is sitting between the glass and frame

Get someone to run water over the general door seal area while you are in the car to see if you can recreate it and then open the door afterwards to see where the seal is wet. Might help to put talcum powder on the seal so it is easier to see the water traces (and talcum powder is great for doorseals anyway during winter time, reduces/eliminates freezing shut).

Worst case the door adjustment is not correct anymore, potential causes, screw up in the garage (closing the door with something stuck inbetween, but then you are likely to see some damage), hinge not perfectly tight anymore, causing the alignment to go out, door lock loose causing alignment to go. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #146061 12th Oct 2012 8:29am
Tomw2000

thanks for this - I'll have a look over at the weekend in the daylight Smile

Post #146062 12th Oct 2012 8:32am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

I have an issue that when I open the door after the car has been standing in the rain, I get a few big splatters of water dropping from the header rail onto the seat's thigh bolster.

Post #146150 12th Oct 2012 2:01pm
ebajema

Hey Mong, I have read something on that issue on the forum. Some others had issues with that as well, water getting caught between the inner and outer seals. That seems to be linked to door alignment, maybe have a little look using search. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #146166 12th Oct 2012 3:11pm
warren1712

England 2019 Range Rover 2.0 PHEV Corris Grey
I'm leaking....(MY11 4.4 TDV8)

I had a issue with a leaking grommit on the chassis of my 2011 TDV8 which caused water to come into the vehicle and rest in the same channel as the main wiring loom on the drivers side under the carpet, which then started to corrode and cause the electrical systems to start mis-behaving Big Cry The vehicle was 12 months old with 2k miles on the clock ex-LR management vehicle. The main electrical loom had to be changed out taking 2 weeks and requiring the entire interior to be stripped out of the vehicle.

That was not the end of it; when I received the vehicle back from the stealer the following faults were found:-

1.The dash seal with the windscreen was not fitted correctly on the near side.(all deformed and not sitting flat)
2.Two scratch marks on the centre console.
3.The two interior A pillow trims were damaged and dirty.
4.The plastic cover below the windscreen wipers had scratches where the clips had been removed and 1 clip had not been refitted correctly.
5.The rubber seal on the top of the exterior near side C pillow trim was damaged.
6.There was excessive wind noise from the Off side window seal front which had been replaced.

If this was not bad enough, whilst driving to work the following morning after using the rear wash wipe(washer did not work) the radio and parktronic senor lights started to go on and off intermittently. On investigation I found that water had run down the interior C pillow of the boot space and into the speakers and infotainment part of the boot.This then required a new TV tuner and parking sensor module to be fitted taking another week to fit. All because the Technician had not connected the rear washer hose correctly within the roof lining.

I have had the vehicle back for 2 weeks now without any further issues Thumbs Up

The negotiations have just started with Land Rover Customer relations and the 2 stealers concerned around a compensation package to cover the inconvenience Censored

Anyone Piont me in the right direction to what I should be asking for Question 2021 L405 Westminster P400e

Post #146624 16th Oct 2012 4:44pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Not sure if it would make it as far as the armrest, but there's a self-adhesive foam block which seals off the top of the door shut from the engine compartment. This had somehow come unstuck, been chewed up by the door opening and closing and got stuck in the door seal - floor got a bit wet and the screen misted up a bit when it had been stood.

Post #146627 16th Oct 2012 4:57pm
Tomw2000

Just a follow up on this: I think I've found the problem. There's a thin rubber piece that is on the edge of the door frame. On the leading edge of the driver's door - somehow this has become trapped when the window has been raised and instead of sitting flush outside of the glass....it has become trapped and squashed on the inside.

It's not leaked since. But I reckon that is the issue. Will mention it to dealer next time I am there.

Post #150076 7th Nov 2012 10:04am
ebajema

Glad you found it Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!

Post #150100 7th Nov 2012 11:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1