Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > For Sale & Wanted > SOLD: 2007(07) Vogue 4.4 petrol facelift with terrain
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
allycraven

Scotland 
SOLD: 2007(07) Vogue 4.4 petrol facelift with terrain

Gents,

As mentioned in some posts a couple of weeks ago, I am now looking to sell my beloved 2007(07) facelift 4.4 petrol vogue to fund a new purchase.

Car is an 07 facelift model with terrain response etc and jag 4.4 engine - there aren't many facelifted 07 plates with this engine, so perhaps a chance to bag a bit of history at a bargain price Wink

Java black with oxford parchment interior, S/C grill and vents and 20" RRS S/C alloys (not to everyones tastes, but they've grown on me...) Some pics from my gallery below - am working away from home just now but will get some updated and also interior shots done as soon as I can and get them posted here.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

It's done 63k miles - only 10k since I bought it in April 2011 as i work abroad mon-fri so its only been a weekend car. It's taxed, tested and has an extended LR warranty (transferrable) all to April 2013.

It has a partial main dealer history with services in 2008, 2011 and 2012 at Town and County LR Aberdeen. The car was serviced by the previous owner in 2009 and 2010 at an independant garage but he stupidly didn't get the book stamped, but I have the details and have confirmed with the garage that the car was serviced there and the work done.

A/C compressor, radiator, rear brake pipes and front drop links were all changed under warranty around last MOT and previous owner had the suspension compressor replaced before i bought it.

Condition

Mechanically and electrically sound, absolutely everything works as it should and no knocks or rattles anywhere. Gearbox is completely smooth and no bumps or dodgy changes up or down the box at all. Engine is superb - smooth and torquey just as a n/a v8 should be. Sounds great and still puts a smile on my face when i drive it. Both keys, venture cam and holder are present and working.

Has been really looked after, never booted from cold and normally driven in sequential until engine up to temperature to be sure I limit the revs to <2.5k. Oil and coolant checked on a weekly basis and rarely has either needed a top up.

I'm going to be completely honest here and point out absolutely everything that is even minorly wrong with the car and will get photos posted here also. Am not a believer in only pointing out just the good things as I respect you guys on here too much do that and I know full well you all know what to look for!! Laughing

Bodywork is in pretty good nick for the age, the only real blemish is a slight road rash to the front of the bonnet by the lettering (but it's only noticeable up close and is not deep). Minor scratches and swirls on some of the body panels, but minimal and all light enough for machine polish removal (i don't own one unfortunately)

There is minor bubbling just starting on the very bottom edge of the upper tailgate on the right hand side, but I am going to try and get this fixed under the anti-corrosion warranty before sale (I know the sales manager at T&C pretty well so hopefully this shouldn't be an issue and quick to sort). If not, then it would be a minor repair anyway.

There is a very small stone chip on the windscreen (18 months old) that has been resin injeccted and no issues since.

Alloys are in need of a touch up, but I will get this done before the sale.

Interior is in good shape throughout, never seen smoke or dogs but there are slight marks to the front inner door cards where the doors have been mistakenly shut on poorly retracted seat belts.

Some wear to side of the drivers seat where the previous owner obviously slid his fat Censored off rather than put it in access mode, but it's not bad at all given the age/mileage.

Unfortunately, the original service book has gone missing - I believe that T&C has "misplaced" it during one of the services as I have never taken it out of the document folder since I first reviewed it when I purchased the car. I am in the process of getting them to find it, or worst case, get a new one completed with the details they have on their records. When this is done, i will also approach the independant that the previous owner used to get them to stamp it, or at least provide some evidence of service & work performed..

The Money Bit

Whatcar Private valuation £16438
Parkers Private Good valuation £16960
Glass' Guide £15700
private sale 06/56 plate (non-facelift) 4.4 vogues with similar miles on Autotrader asking 15.5-18.5k

Been offered £15k as p/x but loathe to see it go to trade and I like you guys so am asking £15,500 ono.[/b]

Last edited by allycraven on 22nd Oct 2012 5:21pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #146042 11th Oct 2012 10:55pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Any interior pictures?

Post #146087 12th Oct 2012 10:11am
allycraven

Scotland 

Will get them when home if and when it ever stops raining!

Post #146143 12th Oct 2012 1:13pm
TheAllSeeingPie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Java Black

I wish my paintwork was as nice as that! 
07 Supercharged - Still breaking her in!

Boot soundproofing part 1 - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15612.html
Custom exhaust - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15296.html
18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #146146 12th Oct 2012 1:53pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

This is what my dad is after but the service history issues might scupper this, the fact its not a FLRDSH and the book is missing is a worry. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #146159 12th Oct 2012 2:30pm
47p2

Scotland 

^^^ Is LR servicing really that good? Shocked

Post #146161 12th Oct 2012 2:38pm
allycraven

Scotland 

The previous owner was a director of a company and had it serviced by the guys that look after his fleet vehicles. It was his 4th rangie in a row and he changed every 4 yrs. I would trust those services over and above the stamped dealer service as they had something to lose if their performance was below par.

Also, if there was any missing service history it wouldnt have been eligible for the LR extended warranty that I purchased and had successful claims on.

I totally agree that the missing original book is a major PITA and I will not let the vehicle go until I have worst case got a replacement book with the necessary stamps and service history info added.

Post #146194 12th Oct 2012 8:03pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Something else to think about is that if any of the services are done by an Indy and not a Dealer , it voids the bodywork anti corrosion warranty as they have to have proof that a LR dealer inspected the cars bodywork and certified it OK at each service. You don't get this with an Indy (even if they checked it and say its OK).

So even if the car goes to an Indy for its first service, the anti corrosion warranty is void from that point on, even though the car might only be months old. It's a crazy rule. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #146229 13th Oct 2012 11:18am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Your not going to sell it if you do not READ your PM's Ally......... Rolling Eyes

Post #146366 14th Oct 2012 6:36pm
allycraven

Scotland 

PM reply sent Gaz. You only sent it yesterday afternoon, didn't realise you were so desperate Laughing

Interior shots delayed due to non-stop rain as well and off to Norway again tomorrow so will be next weekend before I can get them taken and uploaded. Sorry guys!

Post #146373 14th Oct 2012 8:09pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

Most reply to my amazing offers within seconds but I am new to dealing with the more relaxed attitude over the border..... Laughing

Post #146387 14th Oct 2012 11:09pm
allycraven

Scotland 

As promised gents, some additional shots of interior and refreshed exterior ones..managed to get an hour to myself eventually!!!

Have a man coming on Friday to view it, but no deposit taken yet! £15.5k ono

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #147334 21st Oct 2012 7:47pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

I made a close offer!

Post #147337 21st Oct 2012 8:02pm
allycraven

Scotland 

Oxford English Dictionary definition of close: -

"only a short distance away or apart in space or time / with very little or no space in between; dense / very near to"

or in your case, "close but no cigar" Laughing

Only kidding Gaz, it was a reasonable offer, but there's someone interested who has mentioned a higher figure on the phone so will wait and see how that pans out when he views it on Friday.

Unless anyone else on here is interested? Would rather it went to someone I know will take care of it...

Post #147383 21st Oct 2012 11:11pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You say that like Gaz would see it purely as a financial transaction! Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #147385 21st Oct 2012 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>