Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > 2012 Which Car Survey...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Paulo

Scotland 
2012 Which Car Survey...

Just got August 2012 edition of Which magazine and it includes their Best & Worst Cars of 2012...

It seems Land Rover finish 2nd bottom for reliability....

The RR Sport had more faults for 0-3 year old cars than any other car with ECU and Electronic Parking Brake responsible for most failures and 13% of owners breaking down in the past year... Shocked

I thought that the quality and reliability had improved since the TATA takeover....

Post #131775 18th Jul 2012 12:29pm
Muddywheels

England 

Rolling with laughter

I wish Evil or Very Mad

Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #131779 18th Jul 2012 12:44pm
Paulo

Scotland 

Muddywheels wrote:
Rolling with laughter

I wish Evil or Very Mad

Big Cry

I have read of your troubles MW.... Shocked

Not good.... Evil or Very Mad

Post #131780 18th Jul 2012 12:48pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Well in a few days of having one I blew a fuse which killed the car and took 45mins for lra to replace, then the engine slowly digested itself leading to terminal bottome end failure Thumbs Up

Try and make a full fat on a semi skimmed budget and things will go wrong Wink

Add to that the way I see most driven around Cheshire I can see they don't get an easy life compared to their brothers and sisters... FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #131797 18th Jul 2012 1:35pm
Rolo

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Orkney Grey

Do Disco's get as many problems though ?

You'd think if RRS were so bad, the same faults would appear on the disco too. Maybe Disco uses other electrics ?

Did the survey give any figures for the proper range rover ? Problem is I bet sales must be 30 - 1 or more for RRS to FF Range Rover, so if one model is bad makes them all look Censored

Still it's not great & you'd think after so many years they would get to the bottom of the causes & get them changed. Rolling Eyes

Post #131805 18th Jul 2012 2:15pm
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

IIRC everything on the floor pan side is shared bar the wheels.

I think its more to do with driving style and those driving them(no offence) as the ones i've seen rarely potter along like an FF or D3/D4 do. hooning round corners at speed will not help despite their extra grip and setup bias toward terra firma...

TBH i just think they are poo, I've driven a few D3/D4 now long term-ish and they always work and never failed to please me and the FFRR has just honed that even more for me.. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #131809 18th Jul 2012 2:29pm
Muddywheels

England 

Land Rover are actually bottom Shocked

http://www.which.co.uk/cars/survey/car-rel...nd-losers/

Quote:
The losers
The owners of the Jaguar Land Rover Group may have reported a 34% rise in profits this year, but there’s been no similar improvement in reliability, according to the people in our survey who have bought their cars.

With a fairly appalling score of just 63% for its 4-8-year-old cars, Land Rover sits at the bottom of the reliability table for yet another year.

The current Range Rover Sport and Land Rover Discovery 4 are among the brand’s worst offenders.

And it’s even more difficult reading for Discovery 3 owners. The big off-roader has been affected by a raft of pretty serious faults, including suspension, gearbox and exhaust system troubles, costing owners a whopping £399 a year in average repair bills.
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #131826 18th Jul 2012 3:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1