Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > I LOVE my FFRR...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Lloyd Barnes

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black
How do you get treated in a FFRR?

They are a wonderful thing... mine went with SWMBO today to her workplace, as she needed something with more space than her daily drive which is roughly the size of a generous toaster.

She texted earlier to tell me she couldn't get it in a parking spot at the office so the security guard organised for her to park in a no parking area next to the doors... guess that means she'll be called posh b*stard today as well..

Don't you find that the car you drive creates certain reactions in other road users. My old cars....

- Touareg.... the invisible man... left in peace completely although the ocassional surprised sales rep when you shot past them

- BMW 330 Coupe.... about as welcome as a pin in a condom factory. Tailgating, one fingered salutes, ranging up to and including outright hatred and trying to run me off the road Shocked

too early yet to see what reactions the FF gets but nothing bad yet? Lloyd Barnes

Current
Crendon 427 Sideoiler Cobra in build... 7 litres of madness!

Gone
2008 TDV8 Vogue - Black with Ivory/Grand Black Lacquer
2008 VW Touareg 3.0Tdi
6.3litre Dax Cobra - 12.34 Second 1/4mile at 114mph Smile

Post #124116 29th May 2012 10:56am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

All those jealous idiots should only get the "I don't give a toss about what you think, you minion" look with just a hint of a smile !!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #124120 29th May 2012 11:09am
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Many years ago when I was working in a petrol station just after passing my driving test, a chap in a much-loved BMW 7-Series called in for fuel. His young son leaned out of the window to ask / shout something to his dad and the chap yelled back to his son saying that wasn't the way to behave in a 7-Series. Son duly popped his head back in and sat in the back seat looking somewhat dignified.

I've always remembered that and think the 'correct' behaviour is always important when driving and travelling in a FF. Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #124122 29th May 2012 11:29am
dave699

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

FF's or maybe Range Rovers in general do seem to attract idiots who wish to tailgate you no matter if you have anywhere to go or not. I'm not a lane hogger by any stretch of the imagination and do try and maintain the speed limit where safe.
I've noticed that even when overtaking HGV's etc in a queue of fellow overtakers, someone always wishes to sit 10cm from my rear bumper.
This has made me reluctant to remove the tow bar as if said idiot did crash into the back of me I would need the tow bar to attach them to, while dragging them along the road in a modern cowboy-esque lynching. Shocked
Seriously though does anyone else have to endure this? 
Had it, loved it!
2007 Vogue SE TDV8
Stornoway Grey / Ivory
Climatic Seats, RSE, AFS, Deployable steps, iPod kit.

Post #124170 29th May 2012 4:12pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

These plebs are not tailgating me , they just need to get close to see just how AWSOME I must be Thumbs Up
I'm sure every body else hear also knows how this feels . Razz 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #124180 29th May 2012 4:33pm
TheAllSeeingPie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Supercharged Java Black

dave699 wrote:
Seriously though does anyone else have to endure this?

This happens to me on a daily basis and I used to worry about it until a friend of mine reminded me that if they hit me basic physics would mean I would come off better in most instances. These are usually the same people who would "brake check" you if you attempted to do it back to them. 
07 Supercharged - Still breaking her in!

Boot soundproofing part 1 - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15612.html
Custom exhaust - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15296.html
18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #124181 29th May 2012 4:35pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Brake checking tsk - I find a quick check of my rear foglights while speeding up is just as effective Wink Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #124184 29th May 2012 4:48pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

DMRR wrote:
Quote:
but then again it's faster and doesn't sound like a tractor

Exactly what I used to say Smile

I have learned 2 things tho - the speed limits in this country need to be adhered too, and the TDV8 actually sounds like a V8 - moreso than my 5.0SC that I chopped for it.....

You went from a 5L Supercharged to a 3.6 TDV8!? I'm sure you would have felt short changed. I can understand going from a 5L Supercharged to a 4.4 TDV8 but you can't actually say a 3.6 TDV8 sounds better than a 5L Supercharged!

The 4.4 TDV8 is a massive improvement over the 3.6 TDV8 and sorry but the 3.6 sounds like a tractor while the 5L is sweet to your ears and ok you have to adhere to speed limits but even within the speed limits the 5L petrol is better in every way but the fuel economy.

I have driven them all and that's my opinion. Each one is entitled to his own!

Post #124301 30th May 2012 12:05am
TheAllSeeingPie

DMRR wrote:
Brake checking tsk - I find a quick check of my rear foglights while speeding up is just as effective Wink

I meant people doing it to me! 

18" wheels for Brembo equipped cars - http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic15052.html

Post #124322 30th May 2012 10:37am
TheAllSeeingPie

Nearly forgot to add what happened to me the other day:

As I was leaving my house a "neighbour" pulled out of his drive and I noticed that his brake lights were out as only his high-level one was working. So I flashed him and leant out of the window to tell him and he drove off. So as we go the same direction I followed him still flashing and this time gave him a couple of beeps trying to get him to stop. At a junction he leant out his window and shouted "What do you want you c**t?" to which I replied "I wanted to tell you that you're brake lights are out" his reply was "f**k off!". I reckon if I had done the same in my old car then he probably would have had quite a different reaction. 

Post #124324 30th May 2012 10:40am
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Well, I received a call on Sunday afternoon whilst down the caravan site, that my Father In Law in Ireland has suffered a stroke and was in hospital, with the prognosis being he may not survive it . This was whilst we were lounging next to the BBQ in sweltering heat drinking beer and wine. We packed up that evening and drove home, ready to depart Monday morning for Ireland. Lucky I'd only had 2 pints!

On Monday, we had a debate whether to fly to Ireland, or get the ferry. We decided to drive as we'd arrive at more or less the same time -just had to leave earlier for the ferry.

Drove to Holyhead, covering some 150 odd miles from Birmingham. Got the Ulysses ferry (lovely) across to Dublin, then another 150 miles across country to Galway Hospital. By the way- the Irish motorways are an absolute pleasure to drive on. Arrived at the hospital at about 9pm.

So- 300 miles in one long day, inc Ferry crossing. I felt relaxed, calm and certainly not like I'd just done 300 miles. So glad we went in the FFRR!

Father In Law is pretty much out of danger. He's lost his speech and the use of his right side, but both are showing signs of coming back. Thank God! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #124398 30th May 2012 5:58pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Noddy great to hear that the FiL is improving, hope he keeps doing well.

I bet you would not have felt that relaxed having done the trip on Easyjet or Ryanair Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #124404 30th May 2012 6:09pm
TheAllSeeingPie

ebajema wrote:
Noddy great to hear that the FiL is improving, hope he keeps doing well.

I bet you would not have felt that relaxed having done the trip on Easyjet or Ryanair Smile

Also glad to hear he's improving! It wouldn't have been as comfortable on Easyjet or Ryanair either 

Post #124410 30th May 2012 6:31pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

I once drove solo back from the alps - 11 1/2 hours in one go with only an hour kip on the autoroute mid-way. No other car I hav ever had has made the trip so effortless or fun, especially when the weather is awful!

Post #124415 30th May 2012 6:47pm
Renegade2

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

My MY2010 is now my 4th Range Rover over the last twelve years and i really do not think i could drive anything else, i have tried, but nothing compares. Despite the costs, the Road Tax, insurance, fuel, the main dealers etc etc i really do not care as long as i have my FF and of coarse fullfatrr.com!!

PS I do the odd bit off white van on sundays as i coarse fish all ove the country and am certainly not having the tackle and loose maggots in the Rangie!!! Current 2010 Vogue SE, Stornoway Grey with Storm Leather,Deployable steps, Vision Pack

Gone Range Rover 2005 TD6 Vogue
Gone Range Rover P38 4.6 Vogue
Gone Range Rover P38 4.0 HSE

Post #124587 31st May 2012 10:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>