Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Seat belt locking mechanism
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wardpg

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
Seat belt locking mechanism

I recently changed my Disco 3 for a new FFRR. I carry my grandkids about and one of the child seats is one that requires the seat belt to lock in the seat This can be done using a clip on the seat which keeps the belt tight but they don't seem very good. My disco had locking belts on the 2 rear external seats and the 3rd row seats. This allows you to fully extend the belt and when it retracts its on a locking mechanism which allows you to lock the child seat in using the belt. So i thought had the FFRR as there is a paragraph in the user manual titled SEAT BELT LOCKING MECHANISM which details this. Mine didn't work so I took a trip to my stealers, who first of all didn't know the disco had them, until i showed them and when we tried other FFRR ,s including a 2009 model they did not work either. They agreed that the manual said that they should have so they are contacting JLR to find out- won't hold my breath for an answer though. Any body else come across this. If they have removed this as a cost cutting exercise its despicable as this is a safety feature.

Post #1236 6th Nov 2008 3:10pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I didn't know this was potentially possible as I don't have kids or child seats.

Its a good question though so keep us posted on what LR say. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #1237 6th Nov 2008 3:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1