Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Unreliable car or unreliable dealers???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mikeyjd

Wales 2003 Range Rover SE Td6 Zambezi Silver

At the end of the day, it's a very complicated car with lots of bits to go wrong. I have had my 8 year old TD6 for 12 months and done 6000 miles. Only things I have changed are the rear callipers and front drop links so that's not too bad I suppose as its on 100,000 miles now and they are bits that were probably on their way out anyway.

Fingers crossed the gearbox holds out for a while yet. Neutral No longer FF owner but still interested. Present car Jaguar XE

Previous car Td6 SE

Previous LR- Disco 300TDi Auto

Post #119557 29th Apr 2012 3:18pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I got mine a year ago, nothing major has occurred to make me regret that decision and I as intend to keep the car for years any serious discretionary spend on it this year (exc. fuel, tax, mot and servicing) has been on pimping, side vents, nice wheels, boot mat, premium carpet mats, new front rubber mats, mud flaps etc as well as fixing niggles, wheel arch liners that didn't fit properly, locking wheel nuts that are rusting, high ride height that I didn't like (bought IIDTool), trim that prevents seat from squeaking against plastic surround had gone AWOL, covers missing on fixings under grill (fixed but found that they should be missing on my MY - LR cost cutting bless 'em and I tried my hand at carbon wrapping some of the grey bits inside - fairly staightforward.. Wasted a few hundred quid on a Warranty that I havent used.

Niggles still to fix, minor stone chips on bonnet, slight dent in roof above windscreen (might be a tricky one!) upper speakers in rear doors don't work, steering wheel automatic tilt for easy entry/exit has a mind of it's own ( a certifiably insane mind at that), fix some damage round drivers door as a result of trying to shut it before seat belt has retracted and some slight door trim damage.
Pimping on list: carbon wrap round the nav screen, paint the door handles if its possible, paint that pale grey bonnet grill and spray the leather cubby box lid.

If you want a recommendation for something different, I had an E-Class that didn't miss a beat for well over 100,000 miles (I had it from new) and a similar experience with an Audi A6 Estate, but the clock went a bit bonkers on the E-Class (fix was a new dash Shocked ) and a couple of hundred quid for a new headlamp washer. All I spent on the Audi was 200 quid for an iPhone holder which then integrated like a dream.

Clearly the RR is a project which needs my time and money but that said it's been a reliable mode of transport - its just done over 60,000 miles 10,000 of which I put on in the year I have had it. Geoff

Post #119569 29th Apr 2012 4:29pm
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Oh I forgot to mention - it's big Red and has great road presence - E-Classes and Audi A6's are visually rep mobiles as even the small engined ones looked like my big engined ones Sad Geoff

Post #119570 29th Apr 2012 4:32pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Agreed on the repmobiles,

Had an e61 5 series estate. With the big diesel engine. Looked exactly the same as a 520d (bar the twin pipes).

Rangie has great presence on road and is super versatile, perhapes not quite so as a disco, but where i live they are 10 a penny.

Love it. Trying to resist spending on 20" wheels. Must resist....... Mr. Green

Think it may well require tlc to keep perfect but afterthe novelty wears off it may well not bother me so much. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #119576 29th Apr 2012 6:00pm
tomthevet

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Tonga Green

Dont get me wrong I do really like the car but think its a shame that so much goes wrong regardless of mileage in such relatively young cars. You can see where the woeful performance in the reliability league tables comes from.
Even the newer TDV8s seem to have lots going amiss though obviously on here you see the worst of things which obviously dont afflict all. I guess my point is that they dont like hard work but were probably not designed to in reality.
Like in a lot of matters I should listen to my farmers' advice!
However if I had the money i would be straight out to test the 4.4 TDV8!
T

Post #119582 29th Apr 2012 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12