Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Should I buy it? Can't decide, help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Mike_C

bozmandb9 wrote:
Sound like you really need to decide if you want a Range Rover.

The TD6 can be not too bad on fuel, but if you apply the right foot with vigour it won't be great.

If you want a more dynamic ride however, then the RRS is probably the car for you!

These three points hit the nail on the head! I enjoy a spirited drive, so I don't think I'll get brilliant economy from the Td6 - I'll struggle to get 25mpg I reckon.

For the same reason, I am thinking an RR Sport may suit me better - I don't need all the extra space a FFRR affords, plus the RRS will undoubtedly handle a bit better.

So, I think I will go for a V8 and then fit an LPG conversion - will use petrol round town to keep it lubricated and the LPG on my weekly 160 mile commute to benefit from the cheaper running costs.

Sorted - thanks for your help guys! Current fleet:
BMW 330Ci M-Sport coupe - daily driver and long distance cruiser
Range Rover Classic Vogue SE (3.9 V8 on LPG, soft dash model with EAS) - weekend car and generally uneconomical runabout
Suzuki GSX-R750 K6 'Stealth' - trackdays and high speed touring!

Wanted:
Either FF Range Rover Td6 or Range Rover Sport TDV6 - can't decide!

Post #116019 2nd Apr 2012 4:00pm
Robjohplo

If you're only doing 160 miles per week why are you considering a td6? You'll get more car for your money by buying a petrol and arguably the petrol will be more reliable..

I also wouldn't waste my money fitting LPG if you're only doing low miles..

But your idea of buying a v8 is a good one, years ago when I bought my first l322 the salesman asked if I had a preference of petrol or diesel, when I said I'd try both he said we'd go out in the petrol first then as it would save taking two test drives.. ie, once I'd tried the v8 I wouldn't want to try the diesel (I did try both, but bought the petrol)

The 3.6 diesel that you seem to be against buying because of the increased road tax is probably the one that you'd be best buying, it's the most economical but with the speed of the v8 petrol (they sound quite nice too..)

Post #116197 3rd Apr 2012 2:51pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

A FFRR S/C allows for very spirited driving, I can tell you. Not so sure if a SSRR S/C will do much better. I am biased of course having driven a FFRR S/C for the past 18 months !! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #116203 3rd Apr 2012 4:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12