Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Should I buy it? Can't decide, help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Mike_C

Should I buy it? Can't decide, help!

Well I went back for a second test drive and sure enough felt much better about the car than after the first drive - spent a good half an hour with the car and really got into it.

I reset the trip and it averaged around 22-23mpg on my mix of dual carriageway and roundabouts, etc - is that about right?

Also, it has a DVD sat nav fitted which means all the menu's on the dash (not the TV screen) are in French. What's that all about? The original is still there to be used and there's some LR paperwork saying it is the ECU on the (aftermarket?) DVD sat nav that causes the dash menu's to be in French (things like MPG, etc).

Finally, what would you say it is worth? Range Rover Vogue Td6, 2003 car, 60k miles, 2 owners from new with FLRSH. Utterly immaculate inside and out. What would you say is a fair price? Current fleet:
BMW 330Ci M-Sport coupe - daily driver and long distance cruiser
Range Rover Classic Vogue SE (3.9 V8 on LPG, soft dash model with EAS) - weekend car and generally uneconomical runabout
Suzuki GSX-R750 K6 'Stealth' - trackdays and high speed touring!

Wanted:
Either FF Range Rover Td6 or Range Rover Sport TDV6 - can't decide!

Post #115883 1st Apr 2012 7:35pm
Mike_C

53 views and no replies? Censored ! Current fleet:
Range Rover Classic Vogue SE (3.9 V8 on LPG, soft dash model with EAS) - weekend car and generally uneconomical runabout

Wanted:

Post #115901 1st Apr 2012 9:55pm
Joe90

England 

Not sure what is going on with the DVD and dash regarding the language, but suggest you get that sorted by a tech before purchase or use as a big bargaining chip.

Value? Anything from £8500 up I would have thought (taking in the dash problems and lowish mileage) .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #115902 1st Apr 2012 9:57pm
Mike_C

The sat nav/language thing can be solved by plugging the original unit back in, which is included with the car.

That value seems might cheap - and is much less than i'm looking at! Current fleet:

Wanted:

Post #115906 1st Apr 2012 10:06pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I thought you could set the language of the dash computers to whatever you wanted. Can't remember off hand how to do it.

My car was priced at £12995 when I bought it last November. It was a 2003 Td6 Vogue, with 115k mls, but 1 owner. Mint. FLSH.

He started off at 10k to change (part ex my 1999 Disco 2 Td5 ES with 125k on).

We ended up at 9k to swap, with free 12 months warranty, and to complete my "snagging list" - new radiator, Genuine Battery, CD changer, fan resistor pack, front anti roll bar, drop links, lower ball joints, powder coat front subframe and full waxoyl underneath.

Had a quick look on the trader - is the car you're looking at green with light guards ? Bit of a guess.....

As Joe90 says, you could always negotiate getting the seller to look at the language bit, and see where you go from there.....

Mark 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #115935 2nd Apr 2012 9:51am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Mike_C wrote:
53 views and no replies? Censored !

you're lucky you have these replies with this attitude... Evil or Very Mad ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #115937 2nd Apr 2012 10:10am
Joe90

England 

Get out of the wrong side of bed this morning Stan? Twisted Evil .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #115963 2nd Apr 2012 11:48am
JOKER

Scotland 

Yeah the side that Leads into a wall …. Laughing Laughing ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #115964 2nd Apr 2012 11:49am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

looks like it tim...... Laughing ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #115965 2nd Apr 2012 11:49am
Java Jungle

Monaco 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Nara Bronze

JOKER wrote:
Yeah the side that Leads into a wall …. Laughing Laughing

You guys are cracking me up here..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up

JJ

Post #115979 2nd Apr 2012 12:29pm
bozmandb9

Value is a tough one. I'm guessing from your response that it's up for at least £10k, which if it really is as you say, utterly immaculate, then it's probably good value.

To me, values are so much down to exactly what you're after, and condition, that it's very difficult without seeing a car. Having said that I'm surprised Gaz hasn't been along with a book value.

I'd ask yourself:

1. Have you seen other cars and how does this one compare.
2. Would you be really gutted to miss out on this one?
3. What is your 'gut' telling you to do?

Buyers market at this time of year, so make sure you are sure about whatever you buy, particularly for strong money! But you won't regret the TD6 over the RRS, so you're on the right track. Also, get ir remapped! Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #115982 2nd Apr 2012 12:44pm
Mike_C

stan wrote:
Mike_C wrote:
53 views and no replies? Censored !

you're lucky you have these replies with this attitude... Evil or Very Mad

The "censored" makes it look ruder than it was meant, I think I typed "bu66er" rather than anything rude!!

mjdronfield wrote:
My car was priced at £12995 when I bought it last November. It was a 2003 Td6 Vogue, with 115k mls, but 1 owner. Mint. FLSH.

Had a quick look on the trader - is the car you're looking at green with light guards ? Bit of a guess.....

Mark

That's the one - what do you think of it? I thought it was a good price but everyone on here seems to think a bit steep. It is very low mileage, though...

bozmandb9 wrote:
I'd ask yourself:

1. Have you seen other cars and how does this one compare.
2. Would you be really gutted to miss out on this one?
3. What is your 'gut' telling you to do?

Buyers market at this time of year, so make sure you are sure about whatever you buy, particularly for strong money! But you won't regret the TD6 over the RRS, so you're on the right track. Also, get ir remapped!

1. Only viewed RR Sports, no other L322's - but this one is immaculate, so it's more down to whether I want an L322 than which L322! It drives well (steering a bit heavy, is that normal?) and has a fantastic spec.
2. Keep asking myself that and can't work it out - possibly not right now, but might regret it in a few weeks time when I can't find another one as good if I decide it is an L322 I want!
3. Gut is telling me to stick with the BMW and RR Classic, but that is not an option as running 2 cars, 2 houses and a motorbike is getting expensive! So it has to be one car - think my biggest problem is the BMW does everything I want, apart from carry big loads, drive in the snow and take me to Morocco. But it returns 35mpg on a run, so the L322 is going to be more expensive to run and a lot slower to boot, which puts me off... Current fleet:

Wanted:

Post #115991 2nd Apr 2012 1:26pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

I think the one you are looking at, from the pictures, looks very tidy and unmolested.

Pretty much like mine, but I have ivory leather, which is almost white....

There is a 1 lady owner green one for sale at around £9k, but it has 130k miles on the clock. You pays your money, and you makes your choice, as they say.

I looked at 2 or 3, and the condition of the one I bought won me over. I thought the ivory leather was really nice, and preferred that to a car with parchment leather (like your one) that I looked at, even though the one I bought had a few more marks on the bodywork......

The ride will be really comfortable with the standsrd 18 inch wheels on, but it'll obviously not handle quite the same as one with 20 inch's on say, as you will have more tyre sidewall flex when turning in.

I've now changed mine to OEM 19 inch alloys, am I'm happy I've reached a good compromise.

I'd look at another one, one thats near to you, to gauge its condition and price against the green one, and decide whether you are happy from there.

I'm sure the DVD thing can be sorted somehow, as the only DVD unit that can go in it as a straight swap, is the BMW Mk 4 nav. It would have had the Mk3 CD based system from new. The Mk4 nav looks the same (in the boot), but had a white dvd logo on it.

I've seen above 30mpg on mine on a run, if thats any help.

Mark 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #115999 2nd Apr 2012 1:48pm
bozmandb9

Sound like you really need to decide if you want a Range Rover. I'd say you need to figure out how important fuel economy and speed are to you.

I was told before I got mine that the FFRR was not practical as a daily driver, but I disagree. Since I have an S/C it's actually pretty quick as well, even round corners, but you'll never buy a FFRR because you want a sports car!

The TD6 can be not too bad on fuel, but if you apply the right foot with vigour it won't be great. I did a run to Sweden and back, and we only averaged around 23mpg, but that was because we were doing up to a ton.

Personally I think few people will regret buying a FFRR, so long as you get a good 'un. Personally I'd be more likely to regret buying a RRS, every time I'd see a FFRR I'd think, did I buy the wrong car! If you want a more dynamic ride however, then the RRS is probably the car for you!

I don't know what your budget is, but the other option could be petrol with an LPG conversion! Especially if you can stretch to an S/C, then you'll get better handling, with the economy, to me it's the best of all worlds (oh hell why am I selling Big Cry ) Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #116009 2nd Apr 2012 2:58pm
barrieeld

you selling your SC too bozman? Range Rover SC 35th Anniversary 2006

Post #116013 2nd Apr 2012 3:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>