Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Worth the hassle!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bozmandb9

Worth the hassle!

Guys,

Just wanted to share a thought. I'm currently driving a Hyundai Santa Fe hire car. It's pretty much brand new, and allegedly worth more than my 2005 FFRR S/C. Given that my cars now in for a new gearbox, would I swap?

Would I hell!

The FFRR may give the occasional problem, it may cost a lot to insure, and a lot more to fuel. It may even need rather large parking spaces. But it's just worth it.

I can't wait to get mine back. The Santa Fe is a 'competent' car. Apparently it's a 4x4, though I've yet to notice it using any other wheels than the fronts. It's a little more economical than the S/C, it goes quicker (not acceleration, just generally, cos it's a hire car!).

It is just so crap. The seats seem to be a hideous imitation leather, I'm not even convinced they are meant to be imitating leather they are so crap. Every surface you tough feels cheap and crap. The screen was constantly misting up today, unless I had the front defrost button pressed (and no recirc wasn't engaged, and yes I had the aircon on).

So whatever problems you are having with your FFRR, just appreciate that you've still got the best car on the road! Thumbs Up

Any pity those who haven't! Rolling with laughter Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #110854 4th Mar 2012 8:01pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Thumbs Up

Post #110855 4th Mar 2012 8:04pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

Its funny, I think the same thing.

There are a couple of Mitsu Outlander 4x4s at out work. I always compare it to the RR when I get in and its just plastic fantastic. We drive them hard at times, and you get to really see their handling ( the steering is wierd, going round a long corner at speed you can feel the power steering fade in and out and go lighter and heavier )

Finish the shift and jump back into the RR and cruise out the carpark and I always think how much better it is. V8 or else ...

Post #110857 4th Mar 2012 8:09pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Completely agree.

Back in 2010, we rented an Outlander and a Pajero in Australia. And I had a company Prado for a while, too.

They just don't compare. OK, so they're reliable old boots, but have no character and the materials used are cheap and the designs lack any form of imagination.

The Outlander was particularly horrible. The engine whirred like it was suffering from asthma. It felt dutiful and joyless.

I had cause to be a passenger in a friend's new Galaxy a few nights ago, too. Top of the range, you know. He loves it. Diesel. Oh how he loves his fuel economy doing 150 miles a month. Seat heaters with FIVE settings, but the 5th is barely as warm as the first light on a FFRR's. Oh how he loves his seat heaters. I said nothing. Leather? If you could call it that. Hard and almost like vinyl. Plastic everywhere and not nice at all. Oh but he loves it! Wifey loves it, too. In fact, wifey told him to buy one because all the other mums have one. Wifey drives an old Clio and won't change it because there's no need.
He looked at my FFRR and asked if it was 'the 3.5'. Had to explain a bit of history. Need I say more... Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #110915 5th Mar 2012 7:39am
bergxu

United States 2005 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Count me in too. Even though I'm fortunate that I have a stable of neat cars, a couple of which (well ok, one, the Turbo R) have good continent-crushing ability, the FFRR is just so effortless on long hauls that it gives the Bentley, hell---ANY Bentley, a run for its money. I'm working my way back from Kansas to Ohio from my business trip and covered 250 miles today in the FF, clipping along at 85-90mph in total serene smoothness and silence with warm air on my feet and cool on my brow.

Bliss! Cheers,

Aaron

Post #112358 11th Mar 2012 3:37am
DaveAngel

2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Barolo Black

Thumbs Up

Couldn't say it better __________________
2015 FFRR SDV8
2011 FFRR TDV8 4.4 - Gone
2005 FFRR TDV6 - Gone

Post #112374 11th Mar 2012 10:53am
Post Reply  Back to top