Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Where have all the L405s gone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

I’ve recently upgraded form a 2016 MY SDV8 VSE to a 2021 MY P525 AB. I had quite specific requirements and started looking seriously about 12 months ago and bought last month. The AU stock got lower and lower in that time and cars with the spec I wanted were like rocking horse poo, so when I saw the current car advertised I contacted the dealer immediately and paid a refundable deposit to secure it.

I think its a simple timing thing; the newest L405s are now 3 + years old, so fewer will meet AU requirements, while the early L460s are coming off PCP contracts and into the used market, so dealers still have stock to sell.

Post #701345 3rd Oct 2024 8:12am
Spleen

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

12 months? Daft when you think about it when you consider that Range Rovers aren’t exactly rare cars. Great that you got there in the end though.

I’m not sure how this is going play out for me, I don’t want an L460. Great cars I’m sure just not my cup of tea and I prefer the look of the 405 but like you, finding one with the spec I want is going to be challenging. 2017 Vogue SE
Citroen 2cv
Ferrari F430 F1 Spider

Post #701353 3rd Oct 2024 9:46am
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

There always seemed to be a lot of cars in various shades of grey or black with black interiors. I wanted dark metallic with light coloured interior and it had to have heads up display.

Like you I’m not interested in an L460, it just doesn’t do anything for me. Maybe I’ll soften when they are in the sub £50K bracket!

Post #701372 3rd Oct 2024 1:31pm
Spleen

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Sounds like we're in the same boat. When I bought my RRS I was hard over on having a HUD and sliding roof with a light interior. Eventually found a Corris Grey with those bits plus deployable towbar and steps.

Now own a Vogue SE (Corris Grey again) with none of those apart from the aftermarket steps that I bought so on the hunt for the 'right' replacement. I want a dark colour (not Corris bloody Grey and not black), light interior with light wood, HUD, deployable steps and towbar, and a sliding roof. Engine needs to be 4.4 or 400e. 2018 on and around 20k miles.

I think I may be looking for a while.

I don't know what it is about the L460. I really like the design and the interior but I just can't see myself ever owning one, there's something about it that I can't quite put my finger on. 2017 Vogue SE
Citroen 2cv
Ferrari F430 F1 Spider

Post #701379 3rd Oct 2024 2:31pm
Gremlin500

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Corris Grey

@Spleen:

The price?
The depreciation?

Rolling with laughter Very Happy

Wink “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” -where’s the fun in that?

Post #701387 3rd Oct 2024 4:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12