Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > An interesting 6 months!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Malc1500s

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
An interesting 6 months!

Well from joining the community in January has been 6 months trouble free (though expensive) motoring.
in the last 3 weeks the fun has begun.
Rio so called after the R10 in her registration, has started to fight back.
After a trip to have a new tyre on the rear, she decided to blow her front left airbag, a common fault I'm led to believe.
The wonderful people at Aerosus relieved me of some of my pension (not huge compared to JLR prices) very efficiently delivered them and within 3 hours two new struts were fitted and ready for testing.
Test successfull but I couldn't access the active damping using my iCarsoft CR-Max (decided to bite the bullet and get an iid3- best decision should have done it earlier). This was duly purchased from BAS Remaps who delivered it promptly after the owner got back from Ireland.
Meanwhile Rio decides on a test run to let go one of her turbo hoses. Luckily I had read comments from the good people on here, allowing me to chase down the fault quickly, parts ordered and two new bright blue silicone (we used similar types on Cummins Train engines) hoses fitted, problem solved.
The Gap tool sorted out the active damping issue - however still had problems with the Headlight level.
This is where the plot thickens.
It would appear that the l/hand headlight adjuster was defective earlier, and someone had lowered the level of suspension to compensate. Probably hastening the airbags demise.
This has resulted in an "in field" temporary repair.
Now looking for ideas into stripping and rebuilding the headlights if any of you chaps can help.
I still love "Rio" she is big, expensive and ludicrous and I have been bitten by the bug, so there is no hope for me!!!! Big Cry 2010 Overfinch GT
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2012 Volvo C70
2010 Renault Grand Scenic - gone
2006 Saab 9-3 Convertible - gone
2007 Triumph Rocket 3 - gone

Post #699306 2nd Sep 2024 9:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1