Home > My Range Rover > SC vs SVAD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
portrobc

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Firenze Red

smitht2 wrote:
Update 2

The SC is back on AT, so I’d welcome views about wheel colour - grey?

Toby

Wheel colour is challenging, my wheels are the diamond cut thingies which are corroding/pitting like bugg*ry so have been to the local wheel shops and they are suggesting going brilliant silver as opposed to shadow chrome as they state that this will be more durable.
I have shadow chrome on the GTC and they will need doing as well as they are not very durable.
Just my two pennyworth.
Rob Now running a 2016 Autobiography plus a Bentley Continental GTC
Previously ran a Lincoln Navigator and 18 XC60 T5
Before that a pile of Jeeps, Mercedes and Jaguars and Porsches, Mustang and Volvo.

Post #699129 30th Aug 2024 5:00pm
Peter d

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Carpathian Grey

smitht2 wrote:
Update 2

The SC is back on AT, so I’d welcome views about wheel colour - grey?

Hope this is helpful.

Toby

I have followed your thread with interest and admire your determination.
For you and your wife’s info, here is a photo of my TDV8 with grey wheels on a black pack RR.

Post #699260 1st Sep 2024 6:09pm
smitht2

United Kingdom 

Update 3 - Bought the Carlisle SC Smile

Since my epic Yorkshire - Carlisle - Edinburgh - Yorkshire trip, I've spent evenings this week flip-flopping around every option under the sun, and finally bit the bullet and bought the SC!

If anyone is interested in my mind's meanderings - and with no disrespect to those who own one of the cars below I've discounted - here goes:

- Should I sack the whole used full fat "obsession" I have, and do what I did 6 years ago and buy a sensible Volvo V90, which has not put a foot wrong? NO - I NEED a Rangey! Wink

- I looked at the RRS P460e, as it came up on LeaseLoco as a potential lease bargain. I looked hard at this, and seemed in 1st instance to be an option and tempting to get into a new car. But when I actually talked to a dealer and they shared available stock a) surprise surprise the cost went up and b) they had really limited stock, and I couldn't settle on a car that I wasn't going to be not 100% with.

- I also lost my head for a day, and looked at RRS P460e on PCP. But both for lease and def for PCP, the need to put in massive cash on the next lease/PCP cycle in 3 years made these options really expensive - unsurprisingly as this a new car route with massive depreciation to account for.

- I then went back to used full fat RR, and went through the much discussed options of engines and trim levels, and for me this came out as:
-- frequent short trips = risk of dilution / DPF issues, so ruled out TDV6 & TDV8 (don't flame me!!)
-- P400e - I tried to get excited about this as we've already got a charger for wife's EV. But the range is so small (~20 miles), I'd need to charge it after every use, and whilst I will do frequent short trips mainly, I also have to take daughter to netball all over the place, which will can be 80 mile round trips, and then I'd just be lugging battery weight with a 4-pot petrol engine.
-- P400 - Probably more sensible than 5.0 SC, but not many about, and suspect re-sale value will be lower than 5.0 SC.
-- D300/350 - inline resolved crankshaft related risk, and I haven't a clue if DPF/dilution is a thing on these? But what eliminated them from my search is that they are being snapped up as soon as they come onto AutoTrader, and are fetching a premium it seems, and even with much higher than average mileage.

So, after doing my own head in, I went back to the SC, and it was still for sale. If you're still reading, you'll remember the wheel colour was an issue for my wife. But then I realised that I'd had my Volvo wheels re-furb'd before part-ex as they were battered by kerbing (I blame said wife....) and this had only cost £75+Vat per wheel for refurb, diamond cut and loan of wheels whilst mine were being done.

So, got onto dealer, got them to drop the price some more to pay for wheels to be done, and I'll soon be in the FFRR club! Smile

This forum has been superb in helping me with all the posts, experience and advice stored up in her, and of course the specific replies and advice to my posts too.

Cheers, Toby.

Post #699627 6th Sep 2024 4:41pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

Good choice, Toby! The 5.0 engine is superb!

I hope you have many happy miles in the new car when it arrives! Smile

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #699639 6th Sep 2024 7:28pm
Mr Tee

Scotland 

Nice one , I went to book a drive in the Edinburgh SV AB Dynamic last weekend but it was already sold.
So I bought another from Sytner Warrington sight unseen as usual , collecting tomorrow. Better like it Mr. Green

Post #699641 6th Sep 2024 7:42pm
Careeraxe

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Baltic Blue

Excellent choice!

I too am collecting my 5.0 LWB in the AM. 2018 5.0 V8 Supercharged SVAuto LWB
2011 4.4 TDV8 Overfinch, black - Gone
2010 4.4 TDV8, green - Gone
2007 3.6 TDV8, black - Gone

Post #699652 6th Sep 2024 10:56pm
Arch Stanton

England 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

For those with/picking up a LWB, I'd be interested to see whether the extra length ever causes any issues. As it is I often have to have to nose hanging over the end of a parking slot if I have to leave enough room at the back for the tail gate to open, and some hotel car parks are very tight as it is, so an extra 200mm could be problematic. First time FFRR owner

Post #699672 7th Sep 2024 10:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12