Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > New(to me) 5.0SC - Initial maintenance!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ArnoldRRS

United States 2017 Range Rover HSE 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver
New(to me) 5.0SC - Initial maintenance!

Greetings! Wanted to introduce myself. After 6 years with a 2013 LR4, it was time to get something newer. Last week, I picked up a 2017 Indus Silver/Black RR 5.0SC with only 33k miles. It has a few options but not too many - 825w Meridian system, black roof, interior black piano trim, some other stuff. No massage seats and no radar based cruise control but that's OK. Coming from a 5.0 LR4, everything is next level - the power is incredible, the handling is superb, the transmission is fantastic(8HP FTW) and the whole driving experience is just next level. As I did all my own maintenance on the LR4, I want to try to maintain this the same way. At the same time, this is far more complex and has things the LR did not - ACE, etc. So, on to the first questions:

I understand the same issues exist with the cooling system and stupid plastic crossover pipes/water pump. Despite the low miles, since it is 7 years old, I want to address this ASAP. I am guessing that this job requires removing the supercharger so two questions:
-Any good writeups on supercharger removal and what to address with supercharge itself, while it is removed? Oil, coupler, etc.?
-I am told there are upgraded aluminum pipes available. Part numbers? If there is a comprehensive part number list for all the pipes, etc that would be even better.
-What is the official/easiest cooling system bleeding/refilling procedure?

I think that's it for now - really enjoying this thing so far. IID G4 already ordered and looking forward to having a blast with it! 2017 5.0SC - Indus Silver + Black

Post #699290 2nd Sep 2024 2:57am
DrF

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Orkney Grey

Looks like a cracking car love the colour Thumbs Up

Post #699307 2nd Sep 2024 9:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1