Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] 2008 L322 Supercharged 4.2 in Lucerne Green
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JamesFromOz

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Lucerne Green
[For Sale] 2008 L322 Supercharged 4.2 in Lucerne Green

For sale – 2008 L322 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 - order no 240709-675 -

We are moving back to Australia in August and unfortunately we won’t be taking our Rangie with us. I bought this one a year ago when we arrived in the UK. It’s served us very well as a family car and we’ve done many miles without issue in all sorts of weather.

A supercharged L322 has been a bucket list car of mine for ages and apart from being a bit thirsty it’s been one of the best cars that I’ve owned, period.

Whilst the 2010-12 models have their merits I do believe that the 2007-10 4.2 SC is the one to get based on aesthetic simplicity, interior quality, value for money and smaller chance of the engine imploding than the relatively highly strung 5.0 SC.

The model for sale is in a Lucerne Green and has ivory leather with grey piping. Being a Supercharged model it has the Oxford leather which feels nicer than the leather used on other models at the time.

The Land Rover Mechanic in Bovey Tracey told me that Lucerne green was a one year only colour, I have not verified this but I’ve never seen another one. The colour combo suits the L322 quite well I will really miss it because in Australia it seems like all L322s are Java Black..

This Range Rover has no aftermarket modifications.

It has high miles at 217K. This shows in the interior with scuff marks on the leather and trim. It would do well with a good valeting and leather treatment. Externally the paint is very good for it’s age, on par with Rolls Royce quality pain in terms of deepness and lack of swirls/scratches. Again, it would do very well with a detail and wax. There is rust and that it reflected in the price. The rust is pretty ugly around the rear arches. At it’s MOT one month ago the mechanic said it was panel rust, not structural. If I were keeping this Rangie I would get this repaired because it does look pretty grim.

Mechanically I cannot fault it. It runs well and pulls hard when needed. Sport mode is an absolute blast, I have to hide the smile from my wife when over taking. The trip computer averaged 20MPG on a recent trip up North. The air suspension works perfectly. All special traction modes work. There is a very slow rear diff oil drip/ooze. After turning the ignition on there is a warning “transmission fault – traction reduced”, this goes away after a second and the transmission has been fine. The previous owner said that the warning came on when the previous transmission broke, and after it was replaced the warning light remained there. Also, sometimes if you turn the engine off without engaging the park brake first a warning light will come on the next time you start it up, this really alarmed me when I first bought it, but now that I'm in the habit of putting the park brake it doesn’t happen. I have put this down to Land Rover electrical eccentricity but I’d be interested to know if there’s a better explanation. Has a tow pack but I’ve never used it.

Since owning it I not done much. In August last year It had an engine service at Mike Harding Land Rover. I’ve replaced two tyres, replaced the rear struts, all wiper blades and I also fitted a ‘Powerful UK’ rear camera to replace the broken factory one. I replaced the steering wheel with a near perfect one as the original had bad leather. Also has a new (in May) battery with a three year warranty. I fill her up with premium fuel every second tank.

In terms of electrics they all work. Stereo, TVs, rear camera, electric memory seats, heated seats and steering wheel, AC, dual climate etc. The only thing that doesn’t work is the passenger vanity mirror light. Only has one key. The driver’s door lower speaker vibrates with base notes, it’s annoying and I’ve not made the time to work out if its loose screws or a bad speaker.

I am the third owner. The second owner was either a bit simple or very deceptive, and I was certainly too trusting. They said that it came with folders of service records and receipts from new and a second key. Ultimately, they ‘forgot’ them when we met to pick up the car, and despite me hassling them since they’ve can’t find them. I will happily handover the previous owners details so that you may continue pestering them for the service history and second key! So, in short, it comes with the factory handbooks but no service history. I would think that for an AJ33 engine to get to 200K miles it would have been looked after that cannot be verified.

The Rangie is located in Exeter and I recommend inspection. One year MOT until May 2025. ULEZ Compliant (LOL).

I’m asking £3,500. This is negotiable in person based on how we arrange the final sale.

We leave the in mid-August, so will need it until then. Ideally, I would line up a sale and complete the transaction just before we leave. If I can’t find a buyer by the start of August it will have to be sold on Ebay, but I’d prefer to sell directly to an enthusiast.

Please message me if you’re interested. I’ve posted pictures that are currently on my phone to give an idea of overall condition. I’ll give her a wash and vacuum and post more pictures soon. Cheers

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by JamesFromOz on 19th Jul 2024 10:29am. Edited 7 times in total

Post #695823 9th Jul 2024 11:14am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

have you purchased an ad?

if so please quote the number in your post.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #695826 9th Jul 2024 11:38am
JamesFromOz

Yes, sorry, I've just added it ( order no 240709-675)

Post #695827 9th Jul 2024 11:41am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thank you Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #695830 9th Jul 2024 12:19pm
benb91

United Kingdom 

Where is the car located please?

Post #695885 10th Jul 2024 11:07am
JamesFromOz

It's in Exeter, Devon.

Post #695889 10th Jul 2024 11:27am
benb91

United Kingdom 

Thanks but sadly too far away for me. I'm in Kent.

Post #695912 10th Jul 2024 4:09pm
JamesFromOz

Update.

The steering developed a shudder above 60MPH. I went to get the wheels balanced today and learnt that it will new new tyres in the near future to get rid of the shudder. I have reduced the price according.

I am now asking £3,000 for it.

This is a lot if car and performance for 3K.

Post #696487 19th Jul 2024 10:28am
benb91

United Kingdom 

Would that be 2 or 4 new tyres? As you mention in the advert it has 2 new tyres last year.

What size tyres does it have so I can get a quote?

Also the the aircon work?

Thanks

Post #696493 19th Jul 2024 12:42pm
JamesFromOz

Hi Ben,

Just the front two need doing. Apparently there is some toe out so they have worn unevenly. Still have enough for the MOT but because of uneven wear it's started giving front shudder at speed.

The rear two tyres were bought last August and have 15K miles on them

Size is 255/50 R20. They are about £240 a tyre.

Yes the AC works. Unless I have stated otherwise you can assume that everything works as it should.

Cheers

Post #696536 20th Jul 2024 9:06am
JamesFromOz

Deposit taken. Pending collection

Post #697418 4th Aug 2024 7:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1