Home > My Range Rover > 2007 Range Rover L322 3.6 TDV8 Vogue SE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TomTodd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Mariana Black
2007 Range Rover L322 3.6 TDV8 Vogue SE

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum, I've spent many years loitering without a user but recently bought probably the first car I've actually wanted to own (after 16 years of driving), so I thought I might make a thread on it.

After months of looking for 'the right one', including a train journey down to London to see one that the owner had conveniently forgotten mention had been reversed into a wall after the photo's he'd sent me had been taken, I finally bought myself an L322 after wanting one for nearly 20 years. I'd grown up with my Dad and Brother having Classic's, P38's and L322's but was never in a position to get one myself. After finally getting house/child/etc sorted and I was in a position to buy one, I didn't want to just go out and buy the first one I saw, as there are a lot of abused Range Rovers out there, and I specifically wanted a 3.6 TDV8 Vogue SE.

As it happens, I found this one about 15 miles away from where I live in the North East. It's had had 2 owners from new, one from 2007 until 2022 who had done about 3k a year around London and replaced everything the dealer had told them too, and the second owner, who I got it from, has done a transmission service, LCU refurb, fully serviced, etc and seemed genuinely sorry to see it go.

When I picked it up it was in need of a good clean and detail, the wheels need to be refurbed and it's due another service, but there's absolutely no rust on it, bar one tiny spot on which is just starting to go on the passenger side rear sill and absolutely everything works on it.

This was the night I picked it up

Click image to enlarge

The front lights where badly faded, so that was the first job

Followed by a good clean and a first go at detailing the paint, which actually turned out far better than I expected
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And tonight I've just put a plate on it which my brother kindly got me
Click image to enlarge

It's currently got Delinte Desert Storm tires on, so I'm planning on wearing them down and then replacing with a decent tire and either getting the wheels refurbed at the same time or getting a set of the split 7 spoke alloys, I'm still undecided on that. Bar that, I'm going to get it mapped (because why not have 750mn of torque?) and the EGR's deleted, and continue to work away at the paintwork as there's a small bit on the drivers side rear door that needs some attention. I'll be doing a full service on it this week as well.

I'm fully expecting large bills going forward, clearly it will blow the turbo's at some point among other things, but it's a 17year old range rover that's coming up to 100K. I've waited until this point in my life to get one, so that I could get the engine and spec that I wanted and be able to maintain it properly and fix the impending doom that will enviably happen, quite frequently!

I've had it for nearly 3 weeks now and it hasn't put a foot wrong though, and I'm getting about 27MPG which is more than I was expecting! I'm a very happy chap!

Post #695791 8th Jul 2024 9:23pm
douglasgdmw

United Kingdom 

Out of curiosity, what product did you use to get the headlights looking so good. Was it the Autoglym headlight restorer kit? Range Rover L322 (awaiting arrival)
Land Rover Series IIa
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW

Post #695837 9th Jul 2024 1:11pm
Dutchgit

Germany 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Congrats on the new to you Car !!

Got and 07 as well.
Cheers, Ard

Post #695853 9th Jul 2024 5:50pm
Richie N

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Baltic Blue

Cracking car 👍

Post #695865 9th Jul 2024 9:05pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Thumbs Up on that purchase.
Get some proper tyres ASAP and not when the current ditchfinders wear out as you have 2.7t of car that needs all the grip it can get. Plenty of advice and info on what to get on the forum. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #695880 10th Jul 2024 8:09am
TomTodd

douglasgdmw wrote:
Out of curiosity, what product did you use to get the headlights looking so good. Was it the Autoglym headlight restorer kit?

Thanks for the relplies!

The headlights were wet sanded down with 2000 and 2500 grit, then machine polished with G3 cutting compound, 3M Ultrafina SE finishing polish and DA polisher, using various grade pads, then finished with Meguiars headlight UV sealant spray.

RE new tires - yeah I’ve been thinking about that over the past few days and I’m going to have a look and see if I can get them and the wheels sorted before the end of the month, I don’t do a lot of miles and we’ve got two other cars, but its a huge amount of weight to trust in ditchfinders when it’s wet!

The brakes have just started squeaking as well so disks and pads on order shortly, the disks look okay but might as well just do them at the same time.

Fortunately I’ve just paid for the wife’s girls holiday so she can’t moan too much Laughing

Just given it another wash and polish this morning, first since the plate went on, so bonus pic below (apologies for the state of the gravel all over the drive!)

Post #695892 10th Jul 2024 11:59am
TomTodd

Due life in general I’ve not got around to doing too much yet except washing it, however I’ve got all the service bits ready to go on when I have a free day, I went for Shell Helix Ultra Professional AF for the oil, as recommended on here, I’ve also got two new sump plugs, the ones on the car look a bit rounded, they’re only a few quid each and it’ll make life much easier going forward to just replace them each time.

Brakes and tires to order next this month as well and I want to get some odd jobs done like painting the front tow-eye as it’s slightly rusty, replacing the drivers door seal as well as either painting or replacing the wiper arms, as they’re weathered and look tatty.

I had great intentions of having got all of the above done already, but hey-ho!

There’s a few Land Rover electrics ‘special features’ that’s I’ve noticed so far, such as the dash telling me a to check a random bulb on every other start (all bulbs are fine) and the radio losing all its station memory randomly every now and then, but bar that it’s never missed a beat so far!

Post #697205 31st Jul 2024 5:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1