Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Finance, Insurance & Warranties > Insurance values.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GrandadRob

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Luxor
Insurance values.

When renewing or looking for an Insurance quote. They ask for the value of the vehicle. I dont know if this affects the quote or not. But either way, where do I find a value for my vehicle for entry into the insurance quotes. 2013 SDV8 4.4 SE Luxor.
1960 Series 2 88 inch diesel.
1955 Series 1 86 inch petrol.

Post #695699 7th Jul 2024 2:51pm
AndyRoo

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Fuji White

Just put the details of your car into autotrader search for the exact same model, that'll give you the approx cost to replace your car.

I always quote the cost to replace like for like as my valuation for insurance. Fuji White / Jet 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster

Post #695700 7th Jul 2024 3:03pm
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

Makes no difference to the premium or what they pay out for a loss. 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #695702 7th Jul 2024 3:48pm
ReggieMac

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Dont know why they bother asking for the vehicle value as it is totally meaningless as far your Insurance is concerned. Wont reduce premium and for total loss they will only pay the lowest market value they can find at the time. The exception to this is if you have an agreed value policy which usually is only applied to classic cars in my experience. _______________________________________________

2019 4.4 V8 Diesel Range Rover Autobiography, Byron Blue

Post #695704 7th Jul 2024 3:53pm
AJGalaxy2012

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey

JayGee wrote:
Makes no difference to the premium or what they pay out for a loss.

It does make a difference what they will pay out for loss. Years ago I had a total loss on a Renault Espace, I had insured it and the company accepted it at £7500 at the time. It was broken down at the side of the road, broken into, the radio stolen and the car torched. The insurers came back with £5700, I argued that the value at the time was £7300 and that's what they should pay. We couldn't agree so in my usual stubborn was, we went to small claims court, they showed the judge the trade price in Glass's guide which was £5700, the figure they'd offered. The angle I took in my defence was that I couldn't buy an Espace in similar condition to the one I'd lost for £5700 and furthermore they had accepted the valuation when I took out the policy 3 months earlier. The judge ruled my insurers had 7 days to pay me £7300 or to find a similar car to the one I had lost. They paid up the cash. BMW i3 Electric Car
2012 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8 (now gone)
2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Post #695730 8th Jul 2024 4:54am
Paul H

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

be really careful when insuring your car as some of the comparison sites gave really low values for the cars value when you popped in the reg number so definitely worth checking they are not undervaluing your car from the outset as could be difficult to get them to pay over that amount if you have already agreed with them your car is only worth that amount at the outset 2011 L322 Autobography - a lot of bells and some of the whistles...owner with no idea!

Post #695733 8th Jul 2024 8:12am
JayGee

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Orkney Grey

AJGalaxy2012 wrote:
JayGee wrote:
Makes no difference to the premium or what they pay out for a loss.

It does make a difference what they will pay out for loss. Years ago I had a total loss on a Renault Espace, I had insured it and the company accepted it at £7500 at the time. It was broken down at the side of the road, broken into, the radio stolen and the car torched. The insurers came back with £5700, I argued that the value at the time was £7300 and that's what they should pay. We couldn't agree so in my usual stubborn was, we went to small claims court, they showed the judge the trade price in Glass's guide which was £5700, the figure they'd offered. The angle I took in my defence was that I couldn't buy an Espace in similar condition to the one I'd lost for £5700 and furthermore they had accepted the valuation when I took out the policy 3 months earlier. The judge ruled my insurers had 7 days to pay me £7300 or to find a similar car to the one I had lost. They paid up the cash.

How long ago exactly was that ? 2012 TDV8 Vogue (L322)

Post #695734 8th Jul 2024 8:51am
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

As I had a car written off very recently ,not a RR it went like this they offered a lower figure at first but when i pointed out all the facts about the car and and we looked at the same model cars that were for sale at the time we agreed a fairer price.
So the insureres compare the cars that are for sale similar to yours at the time. overfinch modified

Post #695740 8th Jul 2024 10:36am
douglasgdmw

United Kingdom 

Another option to try is set up a profile on Autotrader and add your vehicle.

Autotrader give you a "rough" indication of the car's value based upon private/trade in - however there are always caveats that any extra's condition will not be reflective.

Would use it as a quick/easy way to see if you are close to what you think the price of the vehicle is. Range Rover L322 (awaiting arrival)
Land Rover Series IIa
Alpine A110S
Mini JCW

Post #695754 8th Jul 2024 12:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1