Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > SDV8 broken P0546-17 & P0544-22 restricted performance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
M11buc

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black
SDV8 broken P0546-17 & P0544-22 restricted performance

Click image to enlarge

Engine man warning light came on, while on holiday (outside the UK) luckily I had my gap iid tool with me. Scanned the car and fault code:

P0546-17 (AF) Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 1 - circuit voltage above threshold.
Was stored, the car did not go into limp mode, fault code cleared, checked live data and soot content of DPF, soot was 9.119g, happy with that, sensor live data was somewhat confusing as, bank 1 sensor 1 readings ,voltage and temp seemed ok. However gas temp sensor bank 2 sensors 1 and 2 readings were off.
continued on journey, having to only clear the fault once again few days later. But then I got EMWL again with restricted performance warning message on dash. Rescanned to find P0546-17 back and a new code :

P0544-22 (AF) Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 - signal amplitude > maximum

This time limp mode no power, cleared fault codes 1 mile same again. As fault developed left with no choice but to sort while in Slovenia rather then as hoped when back in uk.

My research in to these fault codes is confusing to say the least. I have checked parts catalog and it listed two “front upper” temp sensors part numbers LR116513 & LR116514, both shown to be fitted to the O/S down pipe before CAT. However the is another sensor listed which goes in to the N/S exhaust manifold part number LR052169. Checked live data readings again and looked further to find readings for EGR temp sensor off.

My suspicion is that it is the N/S exhaust manifold sensor that is at fault. There is a lot of info on fault code P040d-00 for replacing what seems to be the same sensor on early models. My car is a face lift 4.4 sdv8
Click image to enlarge

2018 MY.

Can any one help & shed some light on the issue.
Which sensor is likely to be the cause of two fault codes P0546-17 & P0544-22 I have? and where is bank 1 sensor 1 located? Could it be the same sensor that that people have replaced on earlier models for code P040D-00 EGR temp sensor in N/S exhaust manifold?

Post #697404 4th Aug 2024 1:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1