Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Cylinder head removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jamiecumbers87

United Kingdom 
Cylinder head removal

Hey guys after some advice following on from my previous post about low compression in cylinder 3. Leak down test showed it coming from the intake valves so pulled the head. And this is what I found. I'm confused. I've got clear contact marks between the piston and exhaust valves. Looks like they have only slightly kissed. But have left an light imprint in the top of the piston. I can't find what had caused it though. Its only on this cylinder the others seem fine. How can that happen ? The hydraulic tappets were all stuck solid on that cylinder the others all had slight movement in them. Cams fine rocker arms appear fine. No sign of any metal swarf anywhere. The only symptoms of this fault was what sounded like a leaking Injector. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Post #694432 14th Jun 2024 2:04pm
Rangie4fun

Austria 2013 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Barolo Black

Hi Jamiecumbers87, how did you get along with this problem? any idea what led to this?
I wonder what made you think that it sounded like a leaking injector? Can you describe what this leaking sound was like?
I'm sorry that I can't help you with a direct clue, but could the hydraulic tappets be at fault? If they are solid, could it be then that they might not help the valves shut at right time and thus hitting the the piston?
What engine you have? 2013 L405 3.0 TdV6 Autobiography Barolo Black
2004 L322 3.0 Td6 Vogue Cairns Blue (gone)
2000 P38 2.5 DSE (gone)

Post #695273 29th Jun 2024 7:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1