Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L460) > Unable to close vents: Buttons are greyed out on main screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 
Unable to close vents: Buttons are greyed out on main screen

Hi sorry again but I’ve got another question hopefully someone on here can help me with.

I’ve noticed that on the main screen I’m unable to close either the front or rear vents. They are just permanently greyed out. The climate controls in rear are able to close and open the rear vents but the front ones don’t seem to work no matter what I try. See pictures attached. I have a picture of climate switched on to show that it happens with it on or off.

Click image to enlarge

Has anyone had this issue and is there anyway to solve it myself without having to go back to the dealer? It’s a 24MY with the front climate controls within the screen if that makes any difference.
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #694582 16th Jun 2024 9:48pm
Hoyboy

United Kingdom 

Just to follow this up in case anyone else has this problem, I assume this is some kind of bug on the most recent version of pivi pro.

For first time use of climate control in order to operate the vents, the climate control needs to be turned on through the climate control app and it has to be done this way first when you start the car. If you turn on the climate using the “buttons” on the left and right of the screen, turn it off and then turn it on again through the climate app itself the vents still stay greyed out. The climate app must be opened first and turned on through here to get the vents buttons to work on the screen.

To stress this again, this only has to be done the very first time the car ever has its climate switched on. Once this is done the climate can be turned on using the left and right options on the screen the vents can still be operated as normal.

Since we bought the car every time we turned on the climate using the left and right options on the screen which is why vents weren’t operating correctly on the screen. Even though I tried doing it through the climate control app, restarting the car etc. I found that I had to the steps above in the exact order in order for the vent controls to start working.

This is from my troubleshooting and how I managed to fix it myself.

Post #694834 21st Jun 2024 1:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1