Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Another Impulse Buy 2010 TDV8 Vogue SE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey
Another Impulse Buy 2010 TDV8 Vogue SE

Today, I had already resigned myself into the idea that I was going to just stick with my Matt black Range Rover and other toys that I have. On my way back to my workshop, Had to pay the rent, and my Landlord pointed at this Range Rover and said did I want it, it won't start anymore. I jokingly said, probably be out of my budget being a 2010 and knowing what he is like with prices of stuff, but he told me a price that put me in super excited mode, and I bought it instantly.

185000 Miles 2010 Vogue SE, 3 previous owners, Full service history up to 20k miles ago, just had a new starter motor, started 10 times and now doesn't start anymore. But I noticed that the rotary dial does not raise when the ignition is turned on, and it doesn't even click or crank.

This is the 4.4 TDV8. Already love it even though I can't drive it yet Laughing

Post #694330 12th Jun 2024 8:18pm
toby1

England 

Excellent. I look forward to progress.

Post #694333 12th Jun 2024 9:15pm
green-oval-nut

I gave the bits I could get to a wash Laughing

Post #694336 12th Jun 2024 10:20pm
green-oval-nut

As a fast solution to parking, the landlord wasn't happy that I had left the car outside the yard, so I rented another yard with another workshop Whistle Laughing And had to get the Range Rover forklifted into the yard. The little upgrades have started even though I haven't got it started yet, However, after spending an hour looking online, doing some research into possibilities of it not starting in case there was anything I hadn't thought of, I stumbled across a video about a 400 amp mega fuse which lives on the battery positive terminal which are according to the video, prone to failing, and not a single motor factor near me seems to stock them Censored Rolling Eyes So ordered 3 off of the auction site. So tomorrow, whilst moving into my new workshop, I will be taking 15 minute breaks to tinker with my new toy Laughing Joys of being the boss. I bought a new grill and will be fitting the side vents that has come with me through 4 other Range Rover L322's so far. I also notice while the car was in the air, that there is an oil leak coming down over the gearbox bell housing. Something to investigate another day!

Like my petrol V8 that I was conned out of, and that is now floating around with a bent MOT and falsified service history, I plan on keeping this one for around 5 years, maybe longer.

So the plans for this one are....

Upgrade Grill and Vents.
Change wheels once tyres are dead.
Remap.
Spoiler.
LED Bumper Lights.
Towbar.
Wind deflectors.
Repair dents in the bodywork.
Underseal / Lanoguard the underneath.
Major service ASAP.
Restore the interior.
Upgrade any under bonnet components to modified, updated or improved versions, and then maintain and enjoy.

And my Mum has finally joined the Green Oval community and is driving a 2013 Freelander, so soon will get her to join the Freel2 site.

Post #694740 19th Jun 2024 10:55pm
green-oval-nut

Grill has now been changed.

After doing some hunting online, apparently it is common for the 400 amp mega fuse to blow. So have ordered 3 so I have spares. As soon as these arrive, I will change it and see if this solves the non start problem.

Post #694854 21st Jun 2024 6:38pm
green-oval-nut

My time has been really slim, I have been working long hours 7 days a week for a while now, But Wednesday I am planning on getting back on to this.

Anyway, the switch was replaced on the dash and now it has gone from ignition on and straight back off to the car doing a half Censored attempt at half a crank. Previous owner insists engine not seized, and I was misinformed about the fuse thing, that applies to earlier models Rolling with laughter but with help and advice from other 4.4 owners, I am hoping the fault has been narrowed down to a bad earth or dodgy battery, or both.

So will use a jump lead and connect it to another earth point and see if that gets it started and running.

I also need a new oil cooler, Hoping that isn't too buried Laughing but assuming this as my expansion bottle is full of what looks like pure oil.

Post #696192 14th Jul 2024 9:39pm
mjdronfield

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Yes, oil cooler issue will do that. It’s actually a heat exchanger with the coolant. I am told the oil will leak into coolant but water shouldn’t go the other way due to pressure differences…. Who knows…..

Sometimes it’s just the gasket but the cooler tends to warp, so might be best to swap it all anyway.

Thumbs Up 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDV8

Previous cars :
2003 Range Rover Vogue TD6
1999 Discovery Td5 ES
1995 BMW M5 3.8 6 speed
1992 Range Rover 3.9 Efi Vogue
1992 BMW M5 3.8
1988 BMW 735i SE
1989 Ford Sierra XR4x4 2.9i
1981 Ford Fiesta Supersport

Post #696194 14th Jul 2024 10:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top