Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L460 2022) > new electric range rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Print this entire topic · 
caymanblack

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

I,m yet to see an electric car i would buy so yes all EVs. I dont buy into them at all. overfinch modified

Post #695469 3rd Jul 2024 2:26pm
AndyRoo

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Fuji White

Bet mine will go further on a charge and breakdown less than the new electric fatty Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Fuji White / Jet 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster

Post #695473 3rd Jul 2024 3:15pm
Steveg

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Orkney Grey

As long as LR don’t screw up the software, they should prove to be very reliable. The EV’s that don’t have any major software issues are proving to be very reliable and battery state of health is beating expectations too.

As for range, most heavy electric SUV’s are tending to average 2-2.5 miles per kw, so unless they put a massive battery you can forget 300 miles as a real world range. With a 100KW useable battery it’s going to be more like 200-250 miles.

As stated before both of these areas will improve dramatically over the next 10 years

Post #695476 3rd Jul 2024 4:04pm
Martin2

England 

The other problem it you should regularly charge current batteries to more than 80%, so let’s say you let it go down to 5%, that’s a usable range of 140-150 miles from a 100kwh battery!! That’s assuming you can get over 2miles/kwh which isn’t a certainty in a 3 tonne Range Rover with all the aerodynamic challenges it has.

I’m not dead against EVs, but the current battery and motor technology doesn’t make sense in this type of vehicle. I’m sure most on here will hate them, but makes much more sense when it something like a Model 3 which weighs 1.8 tonnes and will easily do 4.5 miles / kWh. So on a 5-80% charge, that’s 250 miles range.

The Hybrid makes much more sense to me. OK, there’s a weight penalty but you get a lot of the benefits of an EV (silent running around town, ability to significantly extend the range, low urban running costs etc) and a nice petrol 6 cylinder engine to listen to. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #695488 3rd Jul 2024 7:19pm
Steveg

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Orkney Grey

The 80% rule is a bit of a myth. I always charge at home to 100% with no issues, and many do the same.

I get the only charging to 85-90% on a long journey on a DC charger, as it’s counter productive as the charging rate slows. So if the journey is long enough it makes sense to charge to 85-90% and then drive on to the next charger.

The way that most people drive their Range Rovers electric works well. There’s bags of torque at any speed, they’re quiet and relaxing to drive and the lower centre of gravity helps handling.

Ultimately though if you regularly tow, get a diesel. If you regularly do long distances and don’t want a diesel, get a hybrid. If you don’t do either of these that much get an EV. 😊

Post #695490 3rd Jul 2024 7:49pm
Martin2

England 

Are you sure it’s not the same sort of myth that surrounds running combustion engined cars in?! Laughing

You won’t notice any impact unless your EV has high miles or you can see the battery condition would you?

I can just see JLR putting the 80% ‘limit’ in the manual as most manufacturers do, then rejecting warranty claims when you have a problem because you’ve regularly charged to 100%!

Whether it’s 80% or 100%, I stand by my point but do agree with your summary Thumbs Up

The best answer is multiple vehicles. I’ve got a Petrol Hybrid for long distance work / enjoying driving during the week, an EV for my wife / short journeys / visiting customer sites and the next purchase will be a sports car for the weekend. If I towed, I’d substitute the sports car for another Range Rover. MY23 Panamera E-Hybrid
MY19 SDV8 Autobiography - Sold

Post #695491 3rd Jul 2024 7:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456