Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Vogue SE/Autobiography
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

I'm sure the 1700W Meridian system is great - but listening in a car, really. Geoff

Post #683378 21st Jan 2024 12:48am
Nasher

The 1700W system isn't just about that headline 1700 number, you don't have to turn it right up to listen to it, just like you don't have to drive the car with your right foot down to enjoy the power.

For want of a better way of describing it, the additional speakers the system has over the 825W(?) system 'spread' the sound better around the car, and ensure the full range of pitch and tone are mixed properly.

I'm 56yrs old and despite, yes, suffering from a small amount of age related hearing loss, it's mainly at lower frequencies, and doesn't effect my enjoyment of great music, from classical to heavy rock and Punk depending on my mood. I don't even listen to it that loud very often, preferring to enjoy the quality instead of the volume.

I probably need @3 months now to get my new car savings pot up to the point of being able to buy a 2017 4.4 AB, but will be holding out for the right car in the spec I want.
I will only buy when I have the full funds available.
In the mean time I'll continue to enjoy my 65 plate D4HSE Lux.
The information provided in this thread has been invaluable in helping me choose exactly what spec to look at, and I appreciate everyone's input.

And yes Gremlin500, I'm fully aware of the roof drain issues, you alone mention it enough on the forum for it to not be a secret, and I'm grateful to you for making me and others aware of it, but I'm more than capable of doing some preventative maintenance or even remedial work to sort them out if they are a problem on a car I buy.

Last edited by Nasher on 21st Jan 2024 9:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #683399 21st Jan 2024 11:51am
goldeneye32

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Firenze Red

Nasher,
The volume control level in my AB with the 1700W system is extremely loud at 40, and can go up to 60!
It has the dolby dts, so you can switch either on/off.
I've read somewhere that this system was a £5000 option when new. I've also got screens in the rear of the headrests, so I reckon I am fully specced up on AV.
The on board 10 disc cd burner is something I'd never come across before. I use usb mainly as I don't have much music on my phone and I don't do Spotify, I am old school.
To be fair the Meridian system is good, but I have HIFI at home which is a better sound, but it's the best I've heard in the cars I've owned.
G.

Post #683456 21st Jan 2024 7:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345