Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Changing heater blower L322
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
madnessgonemad

England 
Changing heater blower L322

Good evening,

I have been attempting to change the heater blower in my 2012 Westminster according to Gary RR excellent instructions in the Wiki.
I was going very well got everything out but have been struggling for most of the day with removing the heater flap. I found the 2 screws and removed them disengaged the flap wire but can’t get the whole thing out. It seems to be still attached on the right ( as you look out the screen)
It’s driven me to the point of giving up and passing it on to my garage. Very dispiriting as I am nearly at the blower.
Has anyone please got any ideas what is stopping this coming out before I make an embarrassing call to my local garage. Could there be a third screw or attachment somewhere.
I feel like screaming!

Post #695084 25th Jun 2024 10:21pm
madnessgonemad

England 

I’ll answer my own post as nobody else has.
I got the swine of a thing off eventually because in my car there are 2 screws on the RHS holding the heater panel in, making 3 instead of 2 in total. The adjusting bar for the vents has now fallen off into the area below just to cheer me up even more. However I can see it and need to purchase some extra long tweezers to retrieve it.
I’m putting this on in case anyone is attempting this difficult task and is held up like I have been.
4-5 hrs to get to the removal of the heater panel and anther day and a half for that! We live and learn.

Onwards and upwards!

Post #695107 26th Jun 2024 6:21pm
Gsxr1250dave

England 

Well done and thanks for reporting back I'm sure it will help others in the future

Post #695110 26th Jun 2024 7:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1