Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Replacing hoses - go OEM or aftermarket & PCV question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
OffRover

United States 2007 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver
Replacing hoses - go OEM or aftermarket & PCV question

I just bought a 2007 L322 with the 4.4L AJV8. She has 150k on her but has been taken care of.

The upper and lower hoses were recently replaced but the rest of the hoses are original. So I plan to swap all of them. Are there any aftermarket hoses that I can trust? After having 3 P38s I have learned to splurge for OEM on most things but hoses?
If aftermarket is cool, which brand? Eurospare, allmakes, etc.

Also, my PCV valve is leaking at the O-rings. I can replace they seem to be 17X2.5mm but should I just replace the valve? If so, OEM or aftermarket? The engine runs well. Most PCVs I am familiar with rattle if working correctly and can be cleaned most of the time if not. I am unfamiliar with this design. Does this one operate the same way?

In addition to changing all fluids including transmission and diffs, I also plan to buy sleeves and bridge gasket for the transmission. Not sure whether I will drop the valve body and replace preemptively when I swap the filter and put the ZF6 fluid in or wait until first sign of an issue.

Anybody care to share insight?

Post #552872 6th May 2020 4:05am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I think you will find that no one does after market hoses for that engine... I maybe wrong, I would always go OEM on that type of thing...

If the valves are leaking, change the seals, give them a gentle clean while out.

And personally I would leave the gearbox alone if it is working OK, change the oil a few times by dropping what comes out and replacing with the same amount...

You can do too much preventative maintenance and gearboxes are fickle things...

Just my 2p worth... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #552898 6th May 2020 10:37am
muddycharles

United States 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Bonatti Grey
There is a supplier in the UK that I remember from an old po

I have not used them but bookmarked them as I had the hoses on my MY2007 4.4 Jag bust on the highway about 5 years ago and replaced with OEM.

https://www.lhss.co.uk/land-rover-hoses/

Be curious if anyone uses them. Prior to this car I had a Audi Allroad that I tuned to 400HP and all the hoses were changed to silicone - those never broke. 2008 HSE B. Grey
Overfinched
NavTV retrofit

Post #553064 7th May 2020 3:30pm
maric995

Croatia 2006 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I have changed some hoses with gates one on that engine and for now I am happy with them. Bought it from ebay.
Also, I changed pcv valve with chinese version from ebay, which looks to me like the same quality like the original one, but time will tell. My car has 240.000 km on clock and some hoses are still original and look pretty good, but it is always better to change them all at certain point when they become mushy. RR HSE 4.4 2006 LPG

Post #553152 8th May 2020 11:02am
OffRover

United States 2007 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Thanks guys!

I went ahead and ordered OEM hoses, a PCV and a VVT sensor seal for the odd bank rocker cover. I think that is all I am going to do to it for now.

I will hold the ZF parts, solenoids and zip kit on hand for when the transmission lets me know it needs attention.

Enjoy the weekend Smile

Post #553171 8th May 2020 3:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1