Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Diesel vehicle "defeat" devices.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
GrandadRob

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Luxor
Diesel vehicle "defeat" devices.

Just been reading an article about diesel vehicles with illegally factory emission cheating devices. This is going through the high court with massive compensation claims. Land Rover amongst many others have been mentioned. Does this impact us. ? 2013 SDV8 4.4 SE Luxor.
1960 Series 2 88 inch diesel.
1955 Series 1 86 inch petrol.

Post #694503 15th Jun 2024 7:05pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

I don’t believe JLR were involved, although the ambulance chasers are probably happy to take your details in case! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #694772 20th Jun 2024 3:11pm
goldeneye32

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Firenze Red

I tried to lobby for this , but was rejected, I have a claim going on at the moment for my previous Diesel Mercedes, my next door neighbour has a diesel Golf (64 plate), and to my knowledge despite VW losing and having to pay out to thousands of claimants, he has not received anything.
My claim with Mercedes was 2020, I reckon the only people making out of this will be the lawfirms, most likely this is a bigger scam than PPI, get thousands of people to claim against the big manufacturers, get paid out and pass nothing onto the claimants............the power of the internet and social media!

Post #694774 20th Jun 2024 3:26pm
AndyRoo

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Fuji White

It's deep old rabbit hole and everyone is jumping aboard to feed at the trough, and where do you think all of these billions in compensation are coming from ? That's right folks, Joe Public is going to foot the bill by paying higher prices so the only winners are these legal sharks (and I'm holding back on use of key adjectives here).

Latest I heard was even the fuel companies are now on the hook for supposedly supplying special fuels for the tests.

Fuels were supposed to be sourced anonymously from a selection of local garages and then blended together to avoid any inconsitencies. Whether that's true or not I don't know, sounds like people sowing the seeds of discontent.

How many people really bought their new car based on the emissions figues, very few I'd say, probably only large fleets where it would make a significant difference to road fund licencing. And even if you did, how can you prove that was the final infulencer, are you really going to stand up in court and tell the beak, if you'd have known that you'd have gone elsewhere ? Just another scam.

But whoever heard of the truth getting in the way of a good story. I call it Trumpification.

Andy Fuji White / Jet 2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster

Post #694775 20th Jun 2024 3:32pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

What loss has anyone suffered?

Post #694789 20th Jun 2024 6:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1