Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Windscreen replacement Friday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver
Windscreen replacement Friday

Coming to my house in the morn just one bloke and the chap on the phone said should only take an hour or so, should I be worried as I offered to go to their unit but they said its fine and have done a few , he said no dash or nothing major to do I seem a little nervous should I Be unduly worried? Auto glass btw are doing it Neutral _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #264307 9th Jun 2014 11:00pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Took two of them to do the daughters ML ...... Best of luck when he turns up Whistle ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #264309 9th Jun 2014 11:20pm
Prop

United Kingdom 

I've had 2 windscreens replaced and both times it took 2 guys for at least part of the replacement. And both times it took a couple of hours. So I would query the guy when he arrives if he is on his own and be prepared by taking photos of both inside off car windscreen and outside just in case things go badly.

Good luck.

Post #264310 9th Jun 2014 11:33pm
Prop

United Kingdom 

Oh forgot to say both times the wiper arms were removed along with internal windscreen pillar fittings and external windscreen pillar fittings so just make sure they are fitted back correctly especially the outside ones.

Lucky for me both times the job was done extremely well.

Post #264311 9th Jun 2014 11:39pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Re Prop's comments on wiper arms and inner pillars. The company you are using Scotty damaged (badly scratched) our OS wiper arm and also the interior pillar trim (badly soiled/ adhesive) when fitting a windscreen to another 4x4. They did replace it without quibble but I'd photograph the inner and outer pillars/ relevant parts of the car beforehand just in case and tell them to be careful not to cause any damage.

Thumbs Up

Post #264335 10th Jun 2014 6:25am
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

One bloke can do it, but may sink the screen into the adhesive unevenly if he isn't strong enough, as said, loads of before pics and note how flush your screen sits in the frame, if it's a few mm too low then you will get more wind noise.

You will wince when you watch him get the old one out, it's not a pretty sight...

And try not to drive it for 24 hours no matter what they say, if the car flexes at all it can pull the screen away a smidge and you'll get leaks and rust.... Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #264347 10th Jun 2014 7:46am
d3rm0

This is a coincidence! I also have a new screen going into my L405 on Friday. I had a stone chip a couple of weeks ago and AXA arranged a repair but it looked cr4p so I got Autoglass back and they agreed to replace with Land Rover OEM windscreen. Heated, acoustic etc, god knows how much it costs!??!

Post #264536 10th Jun 2014 9:42pm
Scottyav

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Zambezi Silver

Just got back and they've been and done the screen my other half dealt with them looks ok till I looked and I asked for a pilkington oem with the Land rover logo to keep the same all round and the bloke on the phone said he would sort it now looked and seen its a solar shield cheapo a bit cocked off tbh have I got a reason to be miffed or have i got just put up with it now Censored _____________________________________________________
Zambezi silver Vogue Se unique Smile

Post #265168 13th Jun 2014 12:26pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

tell the boss you havnt got what you have been promised and insist on the correct one.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #265175 13th Jun 2014 12:37pm
Prop

United Kingdom 

When I got my screen replaced recently I insisted on original LR screen. My insurance company said there would be a charge but in the end I got the LR screen without any extra charge being made.

During the discussions about the replacement screen I was told the non LR screen would be exactly the same spec. Not sure if one of the demands I requested caused them to replace the screen with a LR one but I requested some form of proof that the non LR screen was acoustically laminated as should be the case on a 2007 L322. After asking this they just seemed to go quite and rang me back the next day to tell me I would be getting an original LR screen without any extra cost.

Not sure you can use this argument with your car as it would appear your car is a pre acoustically laminated screen year.

Post #265176 13th Jun 2014 12:38pm
d3rm0

Autoglass fitted my new screen today. It was LR OEM so I am happy.

I asked AG to provide written warranty for 3 years for the rain sensor/light sensor/heated screen and anything else that comes into contact with the screen. They got me the OEM screen instead.

They couldn't take off the LR tax disc holder so I now have an Autoglass one Big Cry

Install was very good

Post #265280 13th Jun 2014 6:57pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Autoglass did mine first time badly second time really good job - make sure all the clips were replaced with new ones check the a pillars and the top trim where it sits under the trims that cover the roof rack fixings mine was a pilkington without the LR stamp so I phoned pilkington and they confirmed the spec of the screen.

Post #265317 13th Jun 2014 11:27pm
Muttley

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

Glass man coming out monday , and hoping its just a repair , I measured it a 12mil but my measuring sucks , don't really want to go through the grief of trying to get a proper land rover screen if they need to replace and already have a feeling if its a replacement I am going to have a fight on my hands, Censored more grief.

Might have to ring insurance company monday and ask where I sand with this Exclamation

Cheers
Dave Current : 4.2 S/C, now Sold Sad
Previous : V70 Volvo, S40 Volvo ( a very reliable old banger ), E39 M5, Carlton Diplomat and the list goes on Smile

Life Sucks but ya just have to do the best you can with what you have !

Post #265336 14th Jun 2014 2:31am
Prop

United Kingdom 

Sandyd, did Pilkington say the screen is acoustically laminated? And did they have anything in writing/spec to confirm this?

I am not saying the Pilkington screen is or is not acoustically laminated, its just when I queried Autoglass and my insusrance company for proof of acoustic lamination, as they insisting on fitting the the non LR screen from Pilkingtonon unless I paid the difference. But the insurance company rang me back and decided to supply me a LR screen instead without any further cost or argument which I found odd.

Post #265366 14th Jun 2014 10:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1