Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Fitting Paddle shifters to a 2007 FF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

All 2010 models can physically retrofit the paddles as previously mentioned there is a connection socket in the steering wheel. Then you need to activate the paddle shift in the CCF which requires a Faultmate or similar Whistle

If you have an SC and have the right firmware in the transmission module then you are good to go! If not you can have the transmission ECU flashed with the correct firmware and then you are also good to go!

If you have a TDV8 like me then you can fit the paddles, wire them up so they illuminate with the dash lighting and enable them in the CCF but at this point they still don't work Sad anyone sensing that maybe I know this from personal experience Rolling Eyes so this just leaves flash upgrading the transmission with the same SC firmware.

As soon as my Faultmate allows for this facility as it is still work in progress with BBS I will try it and let you know if it works Thumbs Up

Andy. 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #261260 24th May 2014 7:59pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Paul, we have done this several times... My 07my TDV8 has them fitted, my last 06 SC had them fitted and my D3 TDV6 has them fitted as i use them when towing...

Follow Matt Stevens guide (on here and on you-tube) as to turn the switches from can to - earth switches. I personally then wire the steering wheel illumination to the heated steering wheel circuit... The earth to a screw on the inside of the steering wheel, freeing up two wires in the slip ring to wire as my up-down earth signals Thumbs Up No need for ir transmitters or any other boxes... Wire the other end through to the up-down microswitches on your gear selector and your away Thumbs Up

The only downside is you loose the use of your steering wheel buttons until the ignition is switched fully on (heated steering wheel circuit) but that is a small price to pay as far as i am concerned Thumbs Up

Post #261317 25th May 2014 2:07am
paulmoran2

England 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Mariana Black

Simples....Cheers Craig....I thought there would be an easy way of bypassing using the +/- micros below the shift lever, but re-using the wires pre-destined to power the SW illumination as the hardwired link wires is simple but genius Bow down

Gold Star awarded for that Thumbs Up GONE 2010 Facelifted 3.6 TDV8 - Stornoway Grey + 22" Overfinch Olympus
HAVE 1999 Discovery 2 GS 4.0 V8 - Silver - Off Road Toy
GONE 2013 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue. Black with Silver roofline and 22" s
HAVE 2015 Jaguar XF.

Post #261319 25th May 2014 7:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12