Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Broken Headlamp Mounts / Brackets for 2010 Upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
OyabunG

Australia 2004 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zermatt Silver
Broken Headlamp Mounts / Brackets for 2010 Upgrade

Hello,

During transit some of the mount / brackets for my 2010 headlamps broke. Now the upper brackets I can plastic weld back on and also reinforce, however the inner lower mount that ties in to the lens has been completely broken off and is in multiple pieces on one unit. Has anyone else had this issue and rather than a complete replacement has managed to fix or find an alternative method to mount? I know it should be a MOT fail as you can not ensure the alignment of the light will keep it's integrity however I would be interested in knowing if I have any other option. I am in Australia and I suspect this will also be a fail if I take it over the pits - just seems like an extreme weak point of these lights to have plastic tabs that can easily break off. Looking at my 2004 I have a couple of upper brackets that are broken also.

Cheers,
Daryl

Post #248897 18th Mar 2014 2:00am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Daryl, the lights are made in such a fashion as for the brackets to fail at a very low impact speed for pedestrian safety... If you are fitting them to a pre 2009 car, you can argue the pedestrian safety regs do not apply to your 2004 car... That said, i don't know the rules & regs in Aus...

Here in the UK, you can plastic weld the tabs on a pre 2009 FF... But if they break off on an 09> model, it should fail it's MOT really... Shocked

"Not a lot of people know that..." Whistle

Post #248922 18th Mar 2014 10:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1